2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
No more Hondas for me!
By ravfjr on 05/30/14 10:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd civic, and will be my last Honda. It appears that Honda has (sadly) taken the road to greed by offering an inferior product for profit. At 500 miles the traction control unit failed, then at 13,000 miles the A/C unit wouldn't work, followed by an emission control failure at 15,000 miles. The car is extremely noisy and uncomfortable to drive. The stereo is one on the worst I've ever heard. I really can't believe this car is a Honda product.

Update
By shannonb36 on 08/29/13 05:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my 2012 Civic coupe for 7 months and have loved every minute of it. Have put 12,000 miles on it so far. It gets me everywhere I've asked it to go so far. I do agree with others about the blind spots, but have learned to be aware of them when changing lanes. I also agree about the acceleration. It takes a little while to get up to highway speed, but once it does it cruises very comfortably and sometimes when I look down the speed on the speedometer surprises me and I slow down quick! Still impressed with all of the features offered in an economy priced car. Very happy, very good purchase.

If you think this car is noisy...
By shannonb36 on 02/01/13 04:53 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded in a 2009 Accent for a 2012 new, left over Civic. have put on 150 miles in 2 days and planning a road trip to test its mettle. Very impressed so far. Started with a 2012 Accent which was totaled. Went with the 09 on the assurance that it would give me 300,000 miles. What it gave me was 2K worth of repairs in one year. I haven't driven other cars in the Civic's class, but it handles and rides like a dream. Seating is very comfortable, back seat even in the coupe model is spacious. Engine is a quiet hum. Hoping that this will be my 300K mile vehicle.

2nd review-crash result
By carlonz on 12/30/12 09:16 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I submitted a review previously, just after purchasing my new 12 civic. I thought I should submit another after recently totaling it. It was a great car, in fact I have replaced it with the same exact model and color. Whats important to know is that I was hit (t-boned) on the passenger side at about 35 mph. Side impact air bags went off and car spun 180 degrees. I walked away with only a bruise to my right foreman, no other bruisers, breaks or next day sorenss, with the driver and passenger seating areas fully intact. It's not often someone submits a review on safety in a real world incident. Above and beyond its strengths and weaknesses, this car is built for safety. Thank you Honda.

Does exactly what is needs to
By code_break on 12/26/12 09:10 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2012 Civic LX after doing a lot of research on fuel efficient compact cars. Fuel economy was a top priority as my old gas burner was robbing me every other week. After comparing real world users reports it was clear the Civic would get good fuel economy. Many other cars seem to be highway rated at 40 mpg (Hyundai Elantra), but people in the real world are not actually getting that. After about 1k miles I've already got over 45 mpg on a 200 mile trip.

Lesser of the evils
By dannerd on 07/07/12 06:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I based my car buying decision on my experience with owning an assortment of different beaters, and that this time I was going to buy something new. Out of all the beaters I've owned, Hondas always got the best gas mileage, were the cheapest to fix, were easy to sell. If you read the bashing reviews for the 2012 civic, you'll notice the gripes are mostly about the cheap interior plastic and road noise. If you compare the reviews to other competitors like the 2012 focus or elantra, they are having serious issues involving the transmission, and check engine lights coming on recent to the purchase of the vehicle. That should tell you something. No car is perfect, but Honda seems to get close.

LOVE this car!
By shootingstar3 on 04/24/12 07:42 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wasn't even going to look at this car due to poor reviews, but my hubby had to take his CRV in for service and I was killing time browsing the lot, sat in one, drove it, loved it and traded my 07 RAV4 on the spot. Super glad I did! Don't understand the knocks this car is getting. Over the last month, I drove a Prius, Fiesta, Focus, Elantra, Mazda3, VW GTI, and Volvo C30(loved that one, but $$), and ruled them all out. Was just going to keep the RAV until this car. It is comfy, sporty, and OMG, the mileage! I just filled it for the first time and got 35mpg in TOWN people! This is an automatic and not a hybrid. It rides smoother than my RAV and handles great. Not a rocket, but adequate power

It's a small car
By es330suck on 02/19/12 14:10 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The resons i bought this car are MPG and its style. I get Lx and add fog light for reason. The car run loud under 35 mph but much quiet above that range. Upgrading better tire maybe can reducing some road noise, but I can live with the firestone fuel fight tire for now.There are a lot of places could be done better but it will add more cost and weight for any impovement. The cheap carpet and insulation The easily scratched plastic door panel are the obvious.

Love My New Civic!
By drewdiddy on 12/17/11 16:05 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Okay, so it's a little premature to write a review about a car I've owned for 6 hours, and 50 miles. However this is my fifth Civic and I'm loving what I've seen so far. The technology is awesome, the mileage has been outstanding, and to be able to see your actual mpg improve by my method of driving, and using the ECON button is short of a incredible. I've owned a 1989 Civic, 1993 Civic Coupe, 2004 Civic Coupe, and most recently acquired my mom's 1996 Civic sedan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic in VA is:

$163 per month*