Used 2012 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

No more Hondas for me!
By ravfjr

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd civic, and will be my last Honda. It appears that Honda has (sadly) taken the road to greed by offering an inferior product for profit. At 500 miles the traction control unit failed, then at 13,000 miles the A/C unit wouldn't work, followed by an emission control failure at 15,000 miles. The car is extremely noisy and uncomfortable to drive. The stereo is one on the worst I've ever heard. I really can't believe this car is a Honda product.

It's only saving grace is the good gas mileage...and that's about it!

Offer a halfway decent stereo, reduce the road noise, make more comfortable seats, offer an outside air temperature display (really, you couldn't offer this on all models? My motorcycle even has one). Bring back the reliability I've come to know in the Honda product.

Update
By shannonb36

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my 2012 Civic coupe for 7 months and have loved every minute of it. Have put 12,000 miles on it so far. It gets me everywhere I've asked it to go so far. I do agree with others about the blind spots, but have learned to be aware of them when changing lanes. I also agree about the acceleration. It takes a little while to get up to highway speed, but once it does it cruises very comfortably and sometimes when I look down the speed on the speedometer surprises me and I slow down quick! Still impressed with all of the features offered in an economy priced car. Very happy, very good purchase.

Fuel efficiency - 33 mpg city/highway so far, traction control, controls on steering wheel, power windows, power mirrors, remote keyless entry. Feels like alot of luxury for a 'cheap' car

The floor mats were crappy and had to be replaced very quickly. Sturdier or rubberized would be appreciated. There's really no improvement for this, but with the coupe doors being alot longer, I've had to learn to be careful about spacing between my vehicle and others when I park.

If you think this car is noisy...
By shannonb36

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded in a 2009 Accent for a 2012 new, left over Civic. have put on 150 miles in 2 days and planning a road trip to test its mettle. Very impressed so far. Started with a 2012 Accent which was totaled. Went with the 09 on the assurance that it would give me 300,000 miles. What it gave me was 2K worth of repairs in one year. I haven't driven other cars in the Civic's class, but it handles and rides like a dream. Seating is very comfortable, back seat even in the coupe model is spacious. Engine is a quiet hum. Hoping that this will be my 300K mile vehicle.

Running lights, wide tires, responsive steering, steering wheel controls, quite engine, fuel economy and anticipated performance in poor weather due to traction control.

None yet.

2nd review-crash result
By carlonz

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I submitted a review previously, just after purchasing my new 12 civic. I thought I should submit another after recently totaling it. It was a great car, in fact I have replaced it with the same exact model and color. Whats important to know is that I was hit (t-boned) on the passenger side at about 35 mph. Side impact air bags went off and car spun 180 degrees. I walked away with only a bruise to my right foreman, no other bruisers, breaks or next day sorenss, with the driver and passenger seating areas fully intact. It's not often someone submits a review on safety in a real world incident. Above and beyond its strengths and weaknesses, this car is built for safety. Thank you Honda.

Does exactly what is needs to
By code_break

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2012 Civic LX after doing a lot of research on fuel efficient compact cars. Fuel economy was a top priority as my old gas burner was robbing me every other week. After comparing real world users reports it was clear the Civic would get good fuel economy. Many other cars seem to be highway rated at 40 mpg (Hyundai Elantra), but people in the real world are not actually getting that. After about 1k miles I've already got over 45 mpg on a 200 mile trip.

Economy Mode iMid Display and MP3 Player Visual Appearance

Would like an option for a start-stop feature CVT transmission option is another thing I want (this would help fuel economy and acceleration, why is it only optioned in hybrids?) Ride is a little bumpy on some roads