Used 2012 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Five Manual Transmission Complaint
By mastersergeant

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Body styling is sporty in coupe compared to the competition. Thought I was purchasing a quality built vehicle. I prefer manual transmissions in small cars for the sport of shifting. The five speed transmission has a 'clunking' sound when engaging and releasing clutch pedal shifting out of first into second and from second to third gear. Honda is aware of the complaint/noise and has no repair. Had they simply put on the window sticker that the complaint is there without a fix I would not have bought the car. Very disappointed. Have driven other older vehicles to include the old VW Beetle that have had quieter transmissions. Fuel economy is great! Very disappointed with transmission.

exterior body styling, digital odometer, seat comfort, trunk space, quick computation of fuel economy

design a five speed transmission that will shift quietly without a clunk each time clutch pedal is depressed whether to engage next gear or when releasing after in gear. If a complaint is known when vehicle released to buying public inform sales people and place complaint on window sticker. While I could sell or trade it would not make financial sense/cents with the down payment I paid in addition to the property tax bill that recently arrived.

What I expected...
By miami305

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is what I expected. I bought this car for the better gas mileage. It's a traditional civic.. hard to park straight and completely in the parking spot, with the sloped hood and windshield, but I suppose I 'll get used to that eventually.

Econ mode-great idea! I was also able to add an electronic picture onto the dashboard. I also like the bucket style seats.. It is more comfortable than the EX or sedan models, and the seat belt sits slightly lower, which takes the pressure off of my face. just kidding, but you know what I mean (shout out ladies)

watching the mileage per gallon rate like a hawk is entertaining, yet slightly distracting. I'm hoping that I am not as "wowed" by it in a few months.. preferrably before I hit someone else while watching my MPG jump up to 70 while I coast on a straight- away lol