Used 2012 Honda Civic DX Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great for the Price
By Deanne Lock

2012 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

You get what you pay for. This is a car that is great for someone without kids. Back seating a very tight and the rear view is difficult. It has FABULOUSA gas mileage and steering. It is road noisy.

Alternator Issue
By Kiran Mehta

2012 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace the battery because it went dead. When I got replaced the battery at battery + I was told that I need to get Alternator checked out because it not charging the battery the way it should. So I called dealer they wanted $80 to run diagnostic on vehicle instead of spending $80 I went to my mechanic who is working on foreign cars for a while. He checked to see if battery is being charge while car is running and it wasn't, it was showing battery was holding at 12.4 V and it should have been 14 V. He tried various method to see if it charges the battery and finally when he turn the head lights on while car is running battery started charging and showing 14 v. He told me that it is weird and never saw anything like this. He thought probably the alternator was made that way. So I called to confirm with Honda company to see if they have any thing on this issue I was told they don't have information or recall on it. Rep at Honda company was pushing me to take it to dealer and pay $80 for diagnostic.