Great car but needs improvements
By paulrevere on
2011 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I just bought this to replace a 2006 Civic. The new body style is sharper, interior dash looks more advanced especially with the iMid display, love the mpg display. The car rides very good with smooth steering, however, the road noise can be high on roads with rough surfaces. The glove box and console storage compartment are smaller. I don't have near as much space to store things as I did in the 2006. Also, I don't have anywhere I can comfortable place my elbows (except in my lap) when driving. They have reduced the height of the center console storage box and pushed it further back. The door armrest is lower and further back as well. (con't)
Favorite Features
A long armed person must have designed the interior. LX comes with steering wheel radio controls but this can be tedious because you have to operate the buttons with arms suspended. There is no carpet in the LX but a thick padding instead covered with carpeted floor mats. No big deal but looks cheap. Carpet can't be that much more expensive, Honda. Currently on the search for some type of aftermarket door armrest. Guess I'll also need to find some storage container to hold those things I'll like to keep handy and within reach in my car. (con't)
Suggested Improvements
Lastly, Honda is still placing the speedometer right in the middle of the upper dash. Unless your seat is just the right height, it can't be seen. They should have at least had an option to display the speed in the iMid display or reduced the size of the useless oversized tachometer and placed it there. Who needs a tachometer in an automatic, and I'm not racing the car so I don't have a concern of high rpm's. Maybe the next generation will resolve these issues.
By fronteeer
on 10/04/11 17:13 PM (PDT)

The 2006 and 2011 are identical, inside and out, except for a couple of new openings on the lower front bumper. You must have bought the 2012 model.