2011 Honda Civic LX Manual
By kiyotchan on
2011 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Recently purchased it new after giving 2002 Honda Civic to my son. Was going to buy used, but recent manufacturer to dealer incentive made the price so attractive that the difference between the new and recent Civic with 20 to 30K miles became almost nonexistent. I know I am biased, but I have always liked Honda for its reliability, great gas mileage, and peppiness. This car has not disappointed me. It is noticeably more powerful and surprisingly quiet compared to 2002 that I had. The manual shift is quite different from the old version, but it did not take much time to get accustomed to it; it has more sporty feel to it.
Favorite Features
I appreciate the daytime headlight and side airbag features for safety. Also noted was better radio reception than 2002 version, which had terrible reputation by bloggers. Sounds rather unimportant, but additional cupholders expecially for the backseat people have been favored by my younger son, who also liked the digital speedometer.
Suggested Improvements
Though understandable because of larger engine, I was somewhat disappointed with mileage per gallon department. I have had this car for about a month, and I had several occasions where my front right view was limited because of flatter angle of the windshield and its attachment; I nearly collided with a car coming from the right. I made some adjustments by moving my head to and fro, but I thought I had better view with older version.
By babychen
on 05/05/11 04:57 AM (PDT)

Not a bad car at all. I own this car in India, but while it is a great car here, our roads are not ideal for a car like this.

By fronteeer
on 10/04/11 17:26 PM (PDT)

I didn't think the shifter could get any better than my 2004, but this one really is fantastic. I love the way it clunks into each gear like a high end sportscar. It's things like this that make Honda owners love Hondas. Consumer publications often focus on horsepower and gadgets, not taking into account that horsepower comes at the cost of fuel economy, and gadgets come at the cost of reliability. Instead of focusing on bling, Honda clearly tries to perfect the entire driving experience. The result is a comfortable ride where everything feels good and is where you'd expect it, within easy reach. A little sport and performance, a lot of sensibility and outstanding fuel economy. Perfect? No. But close.