Used 2011 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Honeymoon Continues...Mostly
By 90in55

2011 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My initial thoughts were posted here a little over a year ago, and I have since put about 6K miles on the odometer. I thought I'd provide a more objective review, now that the giddiness has worn off somewhat. I'm still in love with this vehicle! It provides tremendous bang for the buck, has been trouble-free, and looks like a poor man's exotic from certain angles. I will break down and admit that the lack of low-end power has become apparent, and sometimes I feel like a show-off when I'm revving the engine alongside my fellow motorists. They think I'm trying to race them, while I'm just trying to keep up. Oh, but what a sound! One day soon these high-RPM engines will be no more.

I continue to impressed with the exterior styling of these 8th-gen. Civics. My Si still looks fresh and futuristic, even though it came to market in 2006. The engine, transmission and chassis work harmoniously and make the car feel lighter and quicker than it is. It's not about raw speed with the Si, but more about overall athleticism in the automotive sense. The seats offer great support, and I love the small dimensions of the steering wheel. The navigation unit might be dated in its appearance, but works flawlessly. The car has less than 15K miles on it, but has been totally reliable. Maybe not a major milestone, but in comparison my 2007 VW GTI had issues right out of the box.

Meager torque down low means more revving and shifting. Ordinarily not a bad thing, but sometimes you just want to relax. The torque issue was addressed with the introduction of the 9th-gen. Civic, but that model is a disappointment in so many ways. Paint quality is really not up to par, at least when compared with my VW. The headlights are inadequate, and I wish Honda offered xenons for the Si model. Certain cabin materials appear cheap, though everything feels fine to the touch. I'm not fond of plastic pieces of trim made to look like aluminum.

Great sporty sedan for the money.
By cesarcoral

2011 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned the car since April 2011 and it has 4,600 miles on it so far as of Feb. 2012. Great car and fun to drive! I have a couple complaints. Shift knob, seats adn road noise. The shift knob has an aluminum top and when the car has been sitting in the summer heat all day that shift knob becomes as hot as an iron. I ordered a leather knob yesterday to get ready for this summer. The OEM one looks nice, but it's not practical. The sport seats initally are a bit tight, breaking them in now. Way too much road noise. Engine noise is nice, but noise from tires is excessive.

Navigation system with CD, MP3 and ipod connectivity, not to mention a memory card. Six speed tranny and clutch are EXCELLENT! Easy to drive.

Get rid of aluminum shift knob. Install hill brake assist like BMW has so car does not slide back when you release the clutch on an incline. Offer a leather interior and non-sport seats. More horsepower is always nice. Road noise needs to be less.

A Civic With the Soul of a Racing Machine
By 90in55

2011 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car in my opinion is one of the greatest Hondas ever built. The Si is really in a class by itself, as Honda has continued to shun turbos in favor of high RPM fun. You've no doubt read about the severe lack of low end torque, but I'm here to tell you that this complaint is way overblown. The car moves smartly around town, and is perfectly calibrated for American highways. The interior is a combo of jet-fighter/Prius, but works fine for me. If you intend to purchase an 8th generation Si, know that the car underwent a mid-cycle refresh in '09, which addressed some minor issues affecting earlier models. There were also some exterior cosmetic improvements in those later years.

Addictive engine sound, even before VTEC kicks in. Possibly one of the world's finest manual transmissions. Excellent chassis, also benefiting from a limited-slip differential. Seats would not be out of place in a performance car costing thousands more. Very good stereo should one choose to forgo the soundtrack from the engine. Typical Honda bulletproof reliability.

None for the model described above, but Honda really dropped the ball on the 2012 Si. If you can get your hands on a used or CPO 8th gen that hasn't been thrashed to death, or modified by idiotic boy racer juvenile delinquents, hurry now.