Used 2011 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

A Quirky but Loveable Little Car
By cbeck3

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'll start off by saying that I'm reviewing the Civic as an economy sedan, not a sports car. First, the Civic is fun to drive. It's actually a blast to drive - more so than my old Pontiac Grand Am GT was, with its 3.4L V6. Second, it's laughably cheap. No, I don't mean that it didn't cost a lot, because it did - I mean that a fill-up generally costs somewhere around $30. A side note about the fuel: with spirited driving, I still get around 30mpg. I'm anxious to take a long road trip in my Civic. Third, it's quirky. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. The gas pedal is mounted in the floor, which will require a bit of a learning curve, but it isn't anything too serious. Also, the horn...

Favorite Features

...is really ineffective. In all honesty, the only time I really use the horn is when I'm road-raging, and the people I'm road-raging at laugh at me when they hear my horn. I read in a lot of reviews that the road noise is somewhat overwhelming. I don't find this to be true, although more often than not the music in my car is too loud for me to hear any obnoxious road noise. Something I'm not particularly a fan of is the front end. It looks sleek, and I'm sure it's aerodynamic, but it's a pain to park. Point blank. I have a lot of trouble parking this car out of fear of tearing its front bumper off. The speakers are decent, but I plan to change them soon. By the way...

Suggested Improvements

The radio antenna is somehow interlaced with the back glass. I guess that has something to do with the car being aerodynamic. Overall, the Civic has a solid, well-built feel. I love the gas mileage, and how spacious this car is. People tell me all the time that the car looks small and wonder how I could be comfortable in it. I'm 6'2, and I have plenty of room. This is probably one of the most comfortable cars I've ever ridden in. The windshield is huge. Sorry about how disorganized this review is. I hope it could be at least somewhat helpful to you.

Good deal at Galpin honda
By cmed1

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

purchased 2011 certfied honda, fair price, helpfull sales people. 2nd car from Galpin Honda Sons car he is very happy with car good gas mileage. car lacks power but its expected if you want good gas mileage. overall very happye with Glen salesman at Galpin Honda will recommend friends and family.

Favorite Features

good fuel saver

Mostly satisfied
By fore4me

2011 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this 2011 Civic EX for a year now. I have to say that I am "mostly" satisfied. I really do enjoy driving the car. I think I would like the Civic SI a lot more, because I have a lead foot, but I probably wouldn't like the decreased gas mileage. I love the way the car handles and the car has adequate power in most situations. I really don't notice the road noise until I go above 65MPH. On a recent weekend trip, the road noise at 80MPH on the interstate was tiring after a while. I have also experience a wide variety of gas mileage figures. A recent interstate run at around 80MPH resulted in 25MPG. The best i have achieved is 32MPG. The gas mileage is worse when I use cruise control

Favorite Features

Fun to drive Point and shoot steering Cargo capacity good for a small car

Suggested Improvements

Dampen Road noise above 65MPH More power would be nice, without the sacrifice of gas mileage.

Look around
By flgirl23

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a new Civic about a year ago. It has been to the shop 4 times already. Once for a stuck window, once for a door that wouldn't close, and once for a grinding engine noise. The car was brought in today due to peeling door covers. The dealer has been very difficult in fixing these issues. The quality of the paint, and over all materials are poor. If a leaf falls on it, the car will scratch. The placement of the speedometer makes it very difficult to see and the light coloring stains easily. I am looking at trading mine in and getting another make of car. They just aren't what they used to be.

Favorite Features

That I can plug my i-pod in the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Change the location of the speedometer. Better car quality. Darker interior. Dealers who actually help with issues.

Fun to drive, noisy, and unsure of quality
By hiker8

2011 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had the left rear wheel bearing replaced at 10K miles. Do a quick search and you will see wheel bearings on this generation of civic are an issue, and Honda didn't correct the problem even on the last model year. The car seems to be well built otherwise, only a small rattle by the tweeter near the front left of the windshield.