2011 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A Quirky but Loveable Little Car
By cbeck3 on 12/23/12 12:11 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'll start off by saying that I'm reviewing the Civic as an economy sedan, not a sports car. First, the Civic is fun to drive. It's actually a blast to drive - more so than my old Pontiac Grand Am GT was, with its 3.4L V6. Second, it's laughably cheap. No, I don't mean that it didn't cost a lot, because it did - I mean that a fill-up generally costs somewhere around $30. A side note about the fuel: with spirited driving, I still get around 30mpg. I'm anxious to take a long road trip in my Civic. Third, it's quirky. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. The gas pedal is mounted in the floor, which will require a bit of a learning curve, but it isn't anything too serious. Also, the horn...

Good deal at Galpin honda
By cmed1 on 02/27/12 16:17 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

purchased 2011 certfied honda, fair price, helpfull sales people. 2nd car from Galpin Honda Sons car he is very happy with car good gas mileage. car lacks power but its expected if you want good gas mileage. overall very happye with Glen salesman at Galpin Honda will recommend friends and family.

Mostly satisfied
By fore4me on 02/13/12 07:53 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this 2011 Civic EX for a year now. I have to say that I am "mostly" satisfied. I really do enjoy driving the car. I think I would like the Civic SI a lot more, because I have a lead foot, but I probably wouldn't like the decreased gas mileage. I love the way the car handles and the car has adequate power in most situations. I really don't notice the road noise until I go above 65MPH. On a recent weekend trip, the road noise at 80MPH on the interstate was tiring after a while. I have also experience a wide variety of gas mileage figures. A recent interstate run at around 80MPH resulted in 25MPG. The best i have achieved is 32MPG. The gas mileage is worse when I use cruise control

Look around
By flgirl23 on 11/21/11 11:47 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a new Civic about a year ago. It has been to the shop 4 times already. Once for a stuck window, once for a door that wouldn't close, and once for a grinding engine noise. The car was brought in today due to peeling door covers. The dealer has been very difficult in fixing these issues. The quality of the paint, and over all materials are poor. If a leaf falls on it, the car will scratch. The placement of the speedometer makes it very difficult to see and the light coloring stains easily. I am looking at trading mine in and getting another make of car. They just aren't what they used to be.

Fun to drive, noisy, and unsure of quality
By hiker8 on 10/26/11 08:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had the left rear wheel bearing replaced at 10K miles. Do a quick search and you will see wheel bearings on this generation of civic are an issue, and Honda didn't correct the problem even on the last model year. The car seems to be well built otherwise, only a small rattle by the tweeter near the front left of the windshield.

1 year
By altimase35 on 09/25/11 14:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my wifes 3rd honda. 2 accords before this. Bought the car for my wife. she loves the car. easy to read speedometer. simple car which does not overwhelm her with gadgets. She wanted a small car and felt the accord was to big. Honda has made this car as cheap as possible. steering wheel material starting to come off. not sure why? Florida is hot, but one year? Doors seem to flex when shuting. hollow sounding. car does not feel stable at high speed. car tends to move around especially when being passed by vehicles. soft suspension? No compaints about the engine or transmission. Gas milage is good. stereo is basic, speakers are ok.

Great car but needs improvements
By paulrevere on 09/07/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought this to replace a 2006 Civic. The new body style is sharper, interior dash looks more advanced especially with the iMid display, love the mpg display. The car rides very good with smooth steering, however, the road noise can be high on roads with rough surfaces. The glove box and console storage compartment are smaller. I don't have near as much space to store things as I did in the 2006. Also, I don't have anywhere I can comfortable place my elbows (except in my lap) when driving. They have reduced the height of the center console storage box and pushed it further back. The door armrest is lower and further back as well. (con't)

Another fantastic Civic
By fronteeer on 08/22/11 19:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Honda Civic. It's actually a Canadian SE model, which is essentially an Si Sedan with a standard black interior and 1.8L SOHC VTEC engine. It came with standard 16" 5-spoke alloys, sunroof, chrome exhaust finisher and iPod interface. My 1996 and 2004 were both fantastic cars, and the 2011 is no exception. It's bigger, roomier, more comfortable, quieter and more refined, upscale and attractive looking.

Unexpected Issue
By taffy2011 on 05/13/11 14:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The first problem I had with this new car is a needed replacement of a front wheel bearing with only 15K miles. It also needed a realign. Now I know why CR didn't recommend the Civic for this model year.

2011 Honda Civic LX Manual
By kiyotchan on 04/23/11 06:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Recently purchased it new after giving 2002 Honda Civic to my son. Was going to buy used, but recent manufacturer to dealer incentive made the price so attractive that the difference between the new and recent Civic with 20 to 30K miles became almost nonexistent. I know I am biased, but I have always liked Honda for its reliability, great gas mileage, and peppiness. This car has not disappointed me. It is noticeably more powerful and surprisingly quiet compared to 2002 that I had. The manual shift is quite different from the old version, but it did not take much time to get accustomed to it; it has more sporty feel to it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$139 per month*