Used 2011 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

A piece of junk
By J. Aiello

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda and I regretted buying both. Our troubles started immediately with the A/C. The dealer replaced the compressor TWICE (Honda replacement parts are rebuilt!!) and then replaced almost every other part of the A/C system, including the 3rd compressor. I took it to another repair shop and they found a broken expansion valve, but the system failed again a short time later. I also had issues with the rear window lifts. After the dealer tried to fix the problem numerous times I finally called Honda HQ and they replaced both rear window registers. The paint on the top was beginning to wear off!! Gas mileage dropped from 32 MPG to less than 28 for no reason. I finally traded it in with just 11,000 miles for a new 2015 KIA Soul which we love.

Great car
By jay clark

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

bought it new, so far 85,000 miles not one major problem, it is a little noisy on the highway, tire noise, great in town, one of the best cars I ever owned. Dealership is OK I guess have never been there again, except to look for a new car last week In town it is the best, for traveling it is a bit small, next car will be accord or like, more trunk room for traveling but we love the civic. I average 30 mpg in town and around 40 on the highway, only problem is the trunk lock (inside the car no longer works, can release it and open it from outside but Honda had a lock so you could not release the trunk from inside and it does not work, stuck otherwise no problems in 85,000 miles, pretty good now days! would recommend it to anyone needs reliable transportation, not luxury for sure but very dependable and inexpensive

A Quirky but Loveable Little Car
By cbeck3

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'll start off by saying that I'm reviewing the Civic as an economy sedan, not a sports car. First, the Civic is fun to drive. It's actually a blast to drive - more so than my old Pontiac Grand Am GT was, with its 3.4L V6. Second, it's laughably cheap. No, I don't mean that it didn't cost a lot, because it did - I mean that a fill-up generally costs somewhere around $30. A side note about the fuel: with spirited driving, I still get around 30mpg. I'm anxious to take a long road trip in my Civic. Third, it's quirky. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. The gas pedal is mounted in the floor, which will require a bit of a learning curve, but it isn't anything too serious. Also, the horn...

...is really ineffective. In all honesty, the only time I really use the horn is when I'm road-raging, and the people I'm road-raging at laugh at me when they hear my horn. I read in a lot of reviews that the road noise is somewhat overwhelming. I don't find this to be true, although more often than not the music in my car is too loud for me to hear any obnoxious road noise. Something I'm not particularly a fan of is the front end. It looks sleek, and I'm sure it's aerodynamic, but it's a pain to park. Point blank. I have a lot of trouble parking this car out of fear of tearing its front bumper off. The speakers are decent, but I plan to change them soon. By the way...

The radio antenna is somehow interlaced with the back glass. I guess that has something to do with the car being aerodynamic. Overall, the Civic has a solid, well-built feel. I love the gas mileage, and how spacious this car is. People tell me all the time that the car looks small and wonder how I could be comfortable in it. I'm 6'2, and I have plenty of room. This is probably one of the most comfortable cars I've ever ridden in. The windshield is huge. Sorry about how disorganized this review is. I hope it could be at least somewhat helpful to you.

Good deal at Galpin honda
By cmed1

2011 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

purchased 2011 certfied honda, fair price, helpfull sales people. 2nd car from Galpin Honda Sons car he is very happy with car good gas mileage. car lacks power but its expected if you want good gas mileage. overall very happye with Glen salesman at Galpin Honda will recommend friends and family.

good fuel saver

Mostly satisfied
By fore4me

2011 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this 2011 Civic EX for a year now. I have to say that I am "mostly" satisfied. I really do enjoy driving the car. I think I would like the Civic SI a lot more, because I have a lead foot, but I probably wouldn't like the decreased gas mileage. I love the way the car handles and the car has adequate power in most situations. I really don't notice the road noise until I go above 65MPH. On a recent weekend trip, the road noise at 80MPH on the interstate was tiring after a while. I have also experience a wide variety of gas mileage figures. A recent interstate run at around 80MPH resulted in 25MPG. The best i have achieved is 32MPG. The gas mileage is worse when I use cruise control

Fun to drive Point and shoot steering Cargo capacity good for a small car

Dampen Road noise above 65MPH More power would be nice, without the sacrifice of gas mileage.

• SUV