2011 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A sturdy commuter car
By dogstar2389 on 01/22/14 13:15 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

If you need a reliable car for a teenager or just a ride when commuting to work i would definitely recommend the '11 civic coupe. I've had mine on a lease for the past 3 years now and so far its been excellent on gas. the car is a little small especially for taller people but for short people like me its comfortable! I have never had an issue with driving it in snow (especially with some michilen tires). it accelerates at a decent rate on the highway too. I will say though that its a high maintenance car. the slightest amount of dirt in the filter or air loss in the tires brings your mpg down. And the paint chips and scratches easily on it. The clock goes too fast too.

Cute Little Honda
By tyler__jordan on 06/11/13 12:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoy my little Honda. It gets incredible gas mileage and is very fun to drive. The only bad thing about the coupe, is it is very difficult to see out of the back passenger window. It creates somewhat of a blind spot. It's great for a young person, but I can tell I am going to need more space. But for reliability and gas mileage, it doesn't get much better than the civic!

The Honeymoon Continues...Mostly
By 90in55 on 02/15/13 11:30 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My initial thoughts were posted here a little over a year ago, and I have since put about 6K miles on the odometer. I thought I'd provide a more objective review, now that the giddiness has worn off somewhat. I'm still in love with this vehicle! It provides tremendous bang for the buck, has been trouble-free, and looks like a poor man's exotic from certain angles. I will break down and admit that the lack of low-end power has become apparent, and sometimes I feel like a show-off when I'm revving the engine alongside my fellow motorists. They think I'm trying to race them, while I'm just trying to keep up. Oh, but what a sound! One day soon these high-RPM engines will be no more.

A Quirky but Loveable Little Car
By cbeck3 on 12/23/12 12:11 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'll start off by saying that I'm reviewing the Civic as an economy sedan, not a sports car. First, the Civic is fun to drive. It's actually a blast to drive - more so than my old Pontiac Grand Am GT was, with its 3.4L V6. Second, it's laughably cheap. No, I don't mean that it didn't cost a lot, because it did - I mean that a fill-up generally costs somewhere around $30. A side note about the fuel: with spirited driving, I still get around 30mpg. I'm anxious to take a long road trip in my Civic. Third, it's quirky. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. The gas pedal is mounted in the floor, which will require a bit of a learning curve, but it isn't anything too serious. Also, the horn...

Good deal at Galpin honda
By cmed1 on 02/27/12 16:17 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

purchased 2011 certfied honda, fair price, helpfull sales people. 2nd car from Galpin Honda Sons car he is very happy with car good gas mileage. car lacks power but its expected if you want good gas mileage. overall very happye with Glen salesman at Galpin Honda will recommend friends and family.

Mostly satisfied
By fore4me on 02/13/12 07:53 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this 2011 Civic EX for a year now. I have to say that I am "mostly" satisfied. I really do enjoy driving the car. I think I would like the Civic SI a lot more, because I have a lead foot, but I probably wouldn't like the decreased gas mileage. I love the way the car handles and the car has adequate power in most situations. I really don't notice the road noise until I go above 65MPH. On a recent weekend trip, the road noise at 80MPH on the interstate was tiring after a while. I have also experience a wide variety of gas mileage figures. A recent interstate run at around 80MPH resulted in 25MPG. The best i have achieved is 32MPG. The gas mileage is worse when I use cruise control

Great sporty sedan for the money.
By cesarcoral on 02/01/12 11:37 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned the car since April 2011 and it has 4,600 miles on it so far as of Feb. 2012. Great car and fun to drive! I have a couple complaints. Shift knob, seats adn road noise. The shift knob has an aluminum top and when the car has been sitting in the summer heat all day that shift knob becomes as hot as an iron. I ordered a leather knob yesterday to get ready for this summer. The OEM one looks nice, but it's not practical. The sport seats initally are a bit tight, breaking them in now. Way too much road noise. Engine noise is nice, but noise from tires is excessive.

A Civic With the Soul of a Racing Machine
By 90in55 on 12/15/11 10:28 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car in my opinion is one of the greatest Hondas ever built. The Si is really in a class by itself, as Honda has continued to shun turbos in favor of high RPM fun. You've no doubt read about the severe lack of low end torque, but I'm here to tell you that this complaint is way overblown. The car moves smartly around town, and is perfectly calibrated for American highways. The interior is a combo of jet-fighter/Prius, but works fine for me. If you intend to purchase an 8th generation Si, know that the car underwent a mid-cycle refresh in '09, which addressed some minor issues affecting earlier models. There were also some exterior cosmetic improvements in those later years.

Look around
By flgirl23 on 11/21/11 11:47 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a new Civic about a year ago. It has been to the shop 4 times already. Once for a stuck window, once for a door that wouldn't close, and once for a grinding engine noise. The car was brought in today due to peeling door covers. The dealer has been very difficult in fixing these issues. The quality of the paint, and over all materials are poor. If a leaf falls on it, the car will scratch. The placement of the speedometer makes it very difficult to see and the light coloring stains easily. I am looking at trading mine in and getting another make of car. They just aren't what they used to be.

Fun to drive, noisy, and unsure of quality
By hiker8 on 10/26/11 08:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had the left rear wheel bearing replaced at 10K miles. Do a quick search and you will see wheel bearings on this generation of civic are an issue, and Honda didn't correct the problem even on the last model year. The car seems to be well built otherwise, only a small rattle by the tweeter near the front left of the windshield.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Civic in VA is:

$137 per month*