2011 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Worst car I've ever owned.
By cubs_fan35 on 03/17/15 12:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a 2011 Honda Civic Hybrid certified-used with 38,000 miles on it last October. I hate this car. I was looking for a hybrid and I very unfortunately walked into a dealership and was met by an unscrupulous salesman who really put the heat on me when he sensed my hesitation to take the car home that same night. That's my fault and I've been reminded of my mistake every day since I signed on the dotted line. The interior of this car is unrefined and uninspired, it's incredibly slow (I expected a dip in performance with a hybrid but nothing like this), and I've had nothing but problems with the car for the past few months. Within the first two months of ownership, my IMA light came o

Nice auto (2011 Civic EX) with some issues
By honkytonkman on 01/08/15 09:44 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Performance is above average for a 4 cylinder engine. Comfort graded a 4 based on small-compact size car as seats are okay but room space is adequately better than other cars of same size. Value well above average and does not depreciate quickly due to Honda's quality and reliability. Fun to drive especially with Moon Roof. Interior design - depends on the person. Exterior design is nice .. does not look like a space ship or a box but has its own distinctive appearance or sporty flare. Build ... noisy in winter climate which is caused by cold and snow. Needs a better sound proofing under carriage and wheel well area or just keep turning up the Radio till you hear nothing. Reliable - yes!

A sturdy commuter car
By dogstar2389 on 01/22/14 13:15 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

If you need a reliable car for a teenager or just a ride when commuting to work i would definitely recommend the '11 civic coupe. I've had mine on a lease for the past 3 years now and so far its been excellent on gas. the car is a little small especially for taller people but for short people like me its comfortable! I have never had an issue with driving it in snow (especially with some michilen tires). it accelerates at a decent rate on the highway too. I will say though that its a high maintenance car. the slightest amount of dirt in the filter or air loss in the tires brings your mpg down. And the paint chips and scratches easily on it. The clock goes too fast too.

Cute Little Honda
By tyler__jordan on 06/11/13 12:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoy my little Honda. It gets incredible gas mileage and is very fun to drive. The only bad thing about the coupe, is it is very difficult to see out of the back passenger window. It creates somewhat of a blind spot. It's great for a young person, but I can tell I am going to need more space. But for reliability and gas mileage, it doesn't get much better than the civic!

The Honeymoon Continues...Mostly
By 90in55 on 02/15/13 11:30 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My initial thoughts were posted here a little over a year ago, and I have since put about 6K miles on the odometer. I thought I'd provide a more objective review, now that the giddiness has worn off somewhat. I'm still in love with this vehicle! It provides tremendous bang for the buck, has been trouble-free, and looks like a poor man's exotic from certain angles. I will break down and admit that the lack of low-end power has become apparent, and sometimes I feel like a show-off when I'm revving the engine alongside my fellow motorists. They think I'm trying to race them, while I'm just trying to keep up. Oh, but what a sound! One day soon these high-RPM engines will be no more.

A Quirky but Loveable Little Car
By cbeck3 on 12/23/12 12:11 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'll start off by saying that I'm reviewing the Civic as an economy sedan, not a sports car. First, the Civic is fun to drive. It's actually a blast to drive - more so than my old Pontiac Grand Am GT was, with its 3.4L V6. Second, it's laughably cheap. No, I don't mean that it didn't cost a lot, because it did - I mean that a fill-up generally costs somewhere around $30. A side note about the fuel: with spirited driving, I still get around 30mpg. I'm anxious to take a long road trip in my Civic. Third, it's quirky. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. The gas pedal is mounted in the floor, which will require a bit of a learning curve, but it isn't anything too serious. Also, the horn...

Good deal at Galpin honda
By cmed1 on 02/27/12 16:17 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

purchased 2011 certfied honda, fair price, helpfull sales people. 2nd car from Galpin Honda Sons car he is very happy with car good gas mileage. car lacks power but its expected if you want good gas mileage. overall very happye with Glen salesman at Galpin Honda will recommend friends and family.

Mostly satisfied
By fore4me on 02/13/12 07:53 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this 2011 Civic EX for a year now. I have to say that I am "mostly" satisfied. I really do enjoy driving the car. I think I would like the Civic SI a lot more, because I have a lead foot, but I probably wouldn't like the decreased gas mileage. I love the way the car handles and the car has adequate power in most situations. I really don't notice the road noise until I go above 65MPH. On a recent weekend trip, the road noise at 80MPH on the interstate was tiring after a while. I have also experience a wide variety of gas mileage figures. A recent interstate run at around 80MPH resulted in 25MPG. The best i have achieved is 32MPG. The gas mileage is worse when I use cruise control

Great sporty sedan for the money.
By cesarcoral on 02/01/12 11:37 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned the car since April 2011 and it has 4,600 miles on it so far as of Feb. 2012. Great car and fun to drive! I have a couple complaints. Shift knob, seats adn road noise. The shift knob has an aluminum top and when the car has been sitting in the summer heat all day that shift knob becomes as hot as an iron. I ordered a leather knob yesterday to get ready for this summer. The OEM one looks nice, but it's not practical. The sport seats initally are a bit tight, breaking them in now. Way too much road noise. Engine noise is nice, but noise from tires is excessive.

A Civic With the Soul of a Racing Machine
By 90in55 on 12/15/11 10:28 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car in my opinion is one of the greatest Hondas ever built. The Si is really in a class by itself, as Honda has continued to shun turbos in favor of high RPM fun. You've no doubt read about the severe lack of low end torque, but I'm here to tell you that this complaint is way overblown. The car moves smartly around town, and is perfectly calibrated for American highways. The interior is a combo of jet-fighter/Prius, but works fine for me. If you intend to purchase an 8th generation Si, know that the car underwent a mid-cycle refresh in '09, which addressed some minor issues affecting earlier models. There were also some exterior cosmetic improvements in those later years.