2010 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Rear Suspension Problems

2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

Rear Suspension Problems
By ioeuropa on

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Civic. The 1998 Civic ex was the best. Still running with 280k miles on it. Both my 2004 civics had Cylinder head gasket problems, one at 127k, the other at 214k. I have 80K on my 2010 civic lxs. It's comfortable, has pep, and gets 38mpg. My one complaint is a big one. The rear struts are basically non existent if I have two adults in the back seat. The car bottoms out on small bumps. It's truly frightening, and loud. You'd have to experience it for yourself. Oh, and I drive highway only miles. I believe that Honda quality has been going down steadily since '98. I'm probably going for a Toyota or Nissan next.

Styling, sound system, pep, and gas mileage. Engine reliability is great.

Need to improve cabin noise level. It's always been a civic problem, but I think I've owned one too many hondas. I'm ready for a quieter car. Honda might want to check our the rear shock problem that I have. I don't see any others with the same problem as I have, but it will definitely deter me from buying another civic.