Great Car - However tall drivers beware
By Mac on
2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I bought the 2010 LX-S as a replacement for my 2002 LX.I commute 90 miles a day-my 02 was great,not the fanciest car on the road,but went 175K comfortable miles with no issues.With this history I blindly bought the 2010 expecting at least the same as my 02. I went for the obligatory test drive, but it was more a formality-I was buying a new Civic.Don't get me wrong,the 2010 is a great car.It looks great (silver w/alloys) and the MPG is 30-34. My only caution to a potential buyer is the driver cabin is tight. I'm 6 2" and the placement of the e- brake causes my leg to go numb.The front leg room is very tight for a big & tall driver. Please keep this in mind on your test drive-I missed it.
Favorite Features
The 2010 Civic is a great looking car - the LX-S package completes the deal - it's worth the extra $500. MPG has always been good. During my commute I drive 70-80 MPH (that's keeping with traffic) and the car still returns 30- 34 MPG. Stereo is good, however speakers are a little weak.
Suggested Improvements
Add more legroom. The car is solid all around, however the front legroom and placement of the e-brake are poor for bigger drivers.I'm not sure what changed from 02 to 2010. It's a shame, the older Civic was a great all around commuter car.