Good Value
By lizdriver123 on
2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
OK. so do I like my Civic, and it is a great car for the value (but there are a couple issues). Had it for a year, 16,000 miles, yet to have a break down or major repair. Tune up here and there, and that's it. Great for city and highway driving, great gas mileage. Pretty comfortable. I am short and small, but my dad who is 6'2" can fit in the drivers seat and passengers seat comfortably for long trips. The but: winter driving. Even with top notch snow tires (and yes, for the record I am a capable driver in the snow), I had one or two close calls and am now looking for an AWD vehicle. This car is not even slightly equipped for the snow.
Favorite Features
Good sound, nice looking dash, lots of storage inside, comfortable and pretty quiet ride, ok acceleration, good braking for the most part, great gas mileage, reliability
Suggested Improvements
Useless in New England winter, no heated mirrors, little bit nerve-wracking passing large trcuks on the highway because of the size of the car, anti-lock brakes will work when braking over a small pot hole and cause you to have difficulty slowing down, and then tend to be pretty useless when sliding on ice or snow.