Exactly what I expected
By broncosftw on
2010 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I have racked up 20k miles in my 2010 Honda Civic in about one year. Still have plenty of tread on the stock tires and brakes. So far, no issues. I average 32mpg mixed driving (50/50) during the summer, and 29mpg in the winter. There are some squeaks while driving over rough roads, but nothing that the 360 watt stereo can't drown out. I am very happy with this purchase, and would purchase this car if given a 2nd run. My previous car was a 2002 Audi A6 2.7T. Traded the A6 in at only 70k miles. Though the Civic can't compete with the Audi in performance or luxuries, it wins with reliability. My last Civic cranked out 180k miles, with $0 coming out of my pocket for non-accident repairs
Favorite Features
The USB input is vital for my daily commute, since I am on the road 2 hours a day (lots of music on the 8gb flash drive). The stereo was shockingly robust. The bass is deep and solid, the highs are adequate. Gas mileage has been consistent and what I had expected. I have become a fan of the two-tiered instrument cluster. The car is overall, worry and stress free.
Suggested Improvements
The interior plastics tend to scratch very easily. A matte finish might've been more appropriate, so that scratches would be less visible. Of course you lose the nice finish if you do that. The paint is on the thin side, lots of tiny paint dings from road debris on the hood. Maybe I should've bought a wind deflector. Of course, it is a entry level car, so I guess I can't expect an expensive paint job. Overall, the car fits my needs to a tea. 10/10 for satisfaction.