2010 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Disappointed

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

By Bob on

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'm somewhat disappointed with my Civic. I feel all of the bumps in the road, the steering is way too sensitive, my knee constantly hits the emergency brake lever and the acceleration is weak. I don't like the rear window defogger as it doesn't clear all the way up to the top, I assume because the antenna is there. The paint and windshield seem to chip very easy, I've had a couple already. I don't like the way the inside door jams retain so much dirt and water after a rain or snow. When you open up the doors the inside jams are filthy. I don't like the head rest on the driver's seat, it pushes up whenever a push back on the seat. Brakes are good, gas mileage lower than I hoped for.

Better gas mileage than the SUV I was driving. IPOD hookup. Cruises nicely once you get it going. The auto trunk release. Nice leg room in front seats. Rear of Civic looks like more expensive BMW or other high end cars.

Move the emergency brake, no excuse for it being where it is. Paint that doesn't chip so easy. Compass should come standard in mirror. Improve the steering, way too touchy. Fix the suspension, not a very smooth ride. Add homelink system for garage door opener on rear view mirror. Bit pricey too.