2010 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Basic Transpo

2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

2010 Honda Civic Sedan

Basic Transpo
By Fudbutter on

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My '99 Accord was finished at 155K and I needed a replacement fast. In this economic environment, I did not feel fiscally justified to get a higher end car. Honda offers very affordable leases (thank goodness for a weakening yen and high Honda residual value) that are unmatched in this class. The Accord is now too large so we downgraded to the Civic. Value for dollar is astounding, but it is still a basic cheapo transportation device. Interior materials are a preponderance of plastic. Trunk has no nooks and cranny space. Interior storage bins are smaller. All what one would expect at this price point. Ride and handling OK at best.

I love the Star Trek shuttle craft feel to the interior. I really love leasing a car for $5/day. Although not a selling point for me, styling and design are unique and very pleasing.

As much as would like a better stereo and a few gadgets, adding anything would raise the car's price which would obviate the true value of those machine. If nit-picking, I would add lights for the visor mirrors.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review