Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Brand New Honda Civic LX
By Greg Fletcher

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a 10' Civic LX and love it so far. Previous car was a Nissan Sentra which was a nice little car but not close to this Civic. Test drove the Chevy Cruze and Malibu, Ford Fiesta and Fusion, Nissan Sentra and Altima but the only car that was even close was the Cruze which was $2000 more than I got the Civic for. Civic has tons more room in the back seat than my previous Sentra or new Cruze which my kids noticed immediately. Not noticing the loud engine at all talked about in previous reviews. Pretty slow off the line but I didn't buy the car for speed. The Cruze definitely had a more stylish interior and features (bluetooth) and much "cooler" dashboard.

Favorite Features

I like the digital speedometer close to the line of sight. Gorgeous styling outside and lots of room in the back seat for the kiddos. The price was right too and was actually cheaper than the other manufacturers comparable vehicles. Great vehicle for the money. Cruises nice at 70+

Suggested Improvements

BLUETOOTH! Remote truck opener and back seat drink holders for the kiddos. The "base" stereo in the LX is a lot less desirable than other stereos I heard. Just got the vehicle and have not noticed the hand brake in the way but it is in a weird spot.

Window noise
By SAM

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had problem with my new 2010 honda civic LX. I'm getting more noise from drive window site. I can't drive my vehicle on highway more than 67 mph. I complaint to America Honda about this issue. Engineer came from Honda to do test drive with me. Even he heard the same noise, which I felt. To duplicate the issue. Honda Engineer drove another new Honda civic 2010 Lx, he felt same problem on the new car. & he mentioned to me. Thatís way this car designed. You have live with issue. Please DO NOT BUY this car. Itís unsafe to drive on highway.

Excellent small car
By j

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great all around small car, fun to drive, economical, zippy. The trunk is surprisingly spacious. The transmission is excellent - very smooth shifting. All in all, a class act. I looked at the VW Golf and the Mazda 3 before buying this car; liked the Golf but found the seats too narrow, and had a similar problem with the Mazda.

Favorite Features

handling, drivetrain, moonroof, steering wheel mounted audio controls, smooth transmission

Suggested Improvements

wish drivers seat could go a little lower; also, it would be nice if you could front and back height of the driver's seat cushion could be adjusted separately. Also, if steering wheel telescoped more.

Cheap
By Bernie

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a follow up from my review of one month ago. I have since downgraded the build quality from a 9 to a 4 and the comfort from an 8 to a 7. I'm not sure how I missed it on my road test or first week or so of driving but this car is NOISY, especially road noise. The AC is a joke. If you are driving for any period of time (for me 20-30 minutes) your leg may fall asleep as the seat does not go back very far which can cause you to arch your foot. I am 6 ft. even. I wish I had read the reviews more closely. Shame on me.

Disappointed
By Disappointed

2010 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new as my Christmas present, but within 1,000 miles I started to notice noises coming from the driver's side front suspension. In the beginning the sound was intermittent and the first time I took it back to the dealer, they said they couldn't replicate the problem. The second time I brought it in, the service manger went on a test drive with me and heard the noise himself. When I went to pick up the car, they told me that they didn't find anything wrong with it. To make a long story short, I brought the car back at least 4 times and they replaced the strut at least twice, however, the problem still remains.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, stylish appearance

Suggested Improvements

squeaky suspension, better radio speakers