Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great New Ride
By JO

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Cute car with great gas mileage. I am a first time Honda owner. The sound system sounds fine to me. There is significant road noise but I just turn up the radio and it doesn't bother me. My only complaint is that the seats are very uncomfortable. My Toyota is much more comfortable. The dash is impressive. I don't mind the emergency brake placement either. If Honda's are as good as everyone says, I will drive this one for a long time.

The style and fuel economy.

More comfortable seating. I have yet to get my seat adjusted just right. It hurts my back and the seat feels too hard.

Brand New Honda Civic LX
By Greg Fletcher

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a 10' Civic LX and love it so far. Previous car was a Nissan Sentra which was a nice little car but not close to this Civic. Test drove the Chevy Cruze and Malibu, Ford Fiesta and Fusion, Nissan Sentra and Altima but the only car that was even close was the Cruze which was $2000 more than I got the Civic for. Civic has tons more room in the back seat than my previous Sentra or new Cruze which my kids noticed immediately. Not noticing the loud engine at all talked about in previous reviews. Pretty slow off the line but I didn't buy the car for speed. The Cruze definitely had a more stylish interior and features (bluetooth) and much "cooler" dashboard.

I like the digital speedometer close to the line of sight. Gorgeous styling outside and lots of room in the back seat for the kiddos. The price was right too and was actually cheaper than the other manufacturers comparable vehicles. Great vehicle for the money. Cruises nice at 70+

BLUETOOTH! Remote truck opener and back seat drink holders for the kiddos. The "base" stereo in the LX is a lot less desirable than other stereos I heard. Just got the vehicle and have not noticed the hand brake in the way but it is in a weird spot.

Window noise
By SAM

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had problem with my new 2010 honda civic LX. I'm getting more noise from drive window site. I can't drive my vehicle on highway more than 67 mph. I complaint to America Honda about this issue. Engineer came from Honda to do test drive with me. Even he heard the same noise, which I felt. To duplicate the issue. Honda Engineer drove another new Honda civic 2010 Lx, he felt same problem on the new car. & he mentioned to me. Thatís way this car designed. You have live with issue. Please DO NOT BUY this car. Itís unsafe to drive on highway.

Excellent small car
By j

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great all around small car, fun to drive, economical, zippy. The trunk is surprisingly spacious. The transmission is excellent - very smooth shifting. All in all, a class act. I looked at the VW Golf and the Mazda 3 before buying this car; liked the Golf but found the seats too narrow, and had a similar problem with the Mazda.

handling, drivetrain, moonroof, steering wheel mounted audio controls, smooth transmission

wish drivers seat could go a little lower; also, it would be nice if you could front and back height of the driver's seat cushion could be adjusted separately. Also, if steering wheel telescoped more.

Cheap
By Bernie

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a follow up from my review of one month ago. I have since downgraded the build quality from a 9 to a 4 and the comfort from an 8 to a 7. I'm not sure how I missed it on my road test or first week or so of driving but this car is NOISY, especially road noise. The AC is a joke. If you are driving for any period of time (for me 20-30 minutes) your leg may fall asleep as the seat does not go back very far which can cause you to arch your foot. I am 6 ft. even. I wish I had read the reviews more closely. Shame on me.