2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Overall Review
By C. Simpson on 04/29/10 10:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I really like this car. We bought a new Civic EX in 2001 and had virtually no problems with it so we just bought a new 2010 EX to replace it. We drive about 25K miles per year so economy and comfort are important. There have been some nice upgrades over the years and it still feels like a quality vehicle. We paid right around 18K and had a great experience buying it from Metro Honda in Montclair, CA. Using the internet to query several dealers was great. In the end we chose Metro because their price was competitive but just as importantly their customer service was terrific. They also offer a Lifetime Powertrain warranty which is nice considering the miles we drive.

2010 Honda Civic EX- Great car!
By ruthie on 04/27/10 08:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Out of all the compact autos I've owned this gets my #1 favorite car vote. Comfortable buckets seats with nice fabric, lots of room. The engine is so quiet you can hardly tell it is running. Smooth transition between gears. Great power steering and antilock brakes.Super easy operation of moon roof. I'm getting close to 40mpg and this is an automatic.!

Great car!
By Rockanlover on 04/26/10 15:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love it!!, very nice car to drive well equiped, nicely built, great shapes.

So far not very impressed
By Farrell on 04/16/10 22:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda, and frankly, I was expecting more. The ride is very noisy, and the suspension system on the car is disappointing. I'm not sure if I just got a new car with lousy shocks and struts, but you feel every imperfection in the road. I would like others feedback on this. So far the fuel economy on the car is ok, but nothing to rave about. I have only owned the car for a few days, but already miss my trade in. In short, based on Honda's reputation I thought i was getting better.

Excellent Car
By kstyle on 04/09/10 06:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my truck for This car and what a deal they gave me. I asked for the TMV and the dealership didn't argue! They gave me what I asked for. I got the LX model $16,200 w/ automatic, wheel locks, mud guards, and the trunk trey. I wish it had an USB to hook an ipod to it but other than that what a deal. The gas mileage is good for around town but the highway is where you will really see the difference. It's comfortable but it could be more. The quality is great and it is a solid car. It's a Honda.

Navigation System is superb
By Joe Henry on 04/04/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Whoever thinks the Honda Satellite navigation system is somehow weak or confusing is either stupid or dishonest. It's an exceptionally useful and easy-to- operate system. I almost made the mistake of listening to incorrect consumer reviews. Glad I didn't!

Polite, Pleasant, Professional
By J Kucyn on 03/31/10 15:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Phillipsburg-Easton Honda here in NJ provided a very positive buying experience. The Honda LX I purchased is giving me exceptional gas mileage, the car is tight, the ride is smooth and quiet. The design and layout of the dashboard is "different" than other cars I've had but now that I'm driving it, I like it very much. Good thinking by Honda.

I love my 2010 Honda Civic
By Roy M. West on 03/31/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have now driven 4000 miles in my Honda Dx Vp. I love the car! The only problem which I can report is that if I raise the driver's side seat too high, a portion of the digital speedometer is cut off, and I can't see the readout without craning my neck. Otherwise, the car glides down the road, I am getting about 25mpg around town, and after taking a 165 mile trip down the interstate, my gas mileage was 40.1 mpg--yep, 40.1 mpg! I have read reviews complaining of road noise on the interstate--I am either deaf, or my little civic is immune to that problem. The car handles well, accelerates reasonably well for a 140 hp engine, corners well, idles well. I am very happy with this car.

So far so good
By Tom B on 03/29/10 13:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very smooth ride, handles great, tight turning on curves. I really enjoy it so far. This is my third Honda Civic. The interior and exterior finish isn't as nice as my 1995 Civic LX but there are many nice improvements. This is the first Civic I bought with auto transmission and there does seem to be the slightest hesitation when accelerating from a stop or accelerating from idle speed. Haven't had an issue with noise on the highway, but it might be because I'm just used to it. Overall, excellent car for the money paid. And with dealer cash reducing the price down to $16,400, gotta love the cost!!

Very satisfied with the Civic LX-S
By larry p on 03/23/10 17:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a solid vehicle. We use our Civic mostly in light city driving with infrequent short highway driving. First tank of gas provided over 31 mpg with 90 percent city driving. This Civic is an outstanding city car for commuting to work or for shopping trips. We did not purchase ours to make trips in the hundreds of miles as comfort may be compromised as with any smaller vehicle. Our drive out price was 18,600 and that included about $500 for all the nice extra features that come with the LX-S, the dreaded $498 doc fee for admin work and a 7% sales tax that added about $1200. The dealer was easy to deal with as we went in with a general drive out price in mind.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic in VA is:

$150 per month*