Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

First Honda for us
By LakeMichi

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the speed hub, sun roof, mileage. Zippy little car for a 1.8. Kind of hard to see when on curves due to blind spots of front window frames. Firm ride, but a bit of road noise inside. Not luxurious, but serviceable. Next time I think we'll get the CR-V to contend with winter driving conditions. We have yet to drive this in snow, but I feel better sitting up higher in a CR-V and having 4-wheel drive.

Favorite Features

Speed hub, sun roof, mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Less interior road noise. More space for driver's legs on side. More clearance under car carriage.

Excessive road noise and rattles!
By Icky

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very disappointed, road noise over even slight imperfections on roads is very loud and distracting. If you were to drive over a penny on the road you would hear it ! @10,000 KM various rattles have developed, in glove box, sun visor, seat belt mechanism. I used to like going for drives, but not anymore since buying this car. My 1999 Civic I traded in put this car to complete shame when it comes to refinement. I will likely never by a Honda product again. Honda quality appears to be a thing of the past. How anyone can recommend a car with this level of road noise and rattles is beyond me. This could have been a great car, if Honda engineers paid some attention to detail. Buyer beware !

Favorite Features

2 tier dash layout, USB Port.

Suggested Improvements

Refine suspension to reduce road noise, redesign interior with rattle elimination in mind. Get back to the level of refinement of previous generation Civics.

I Love My Honda Civic
By Marilyn Burtis

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Honda Civic and love it. I give it an excellent all the way around. I feel like the car is built for dependability and find it a joy to drive. I have no negative comments about the car. All I keep saying is I Love Driving My Honda and I am glad I made the decision to purchase it. I would recommend a Honda Civic (or any other model Honda) to anyone looking to purchase a new vehicle.

Favorite Features

Style, performance, comfort, leg room, music system, overall design and gas mileage (fantastic!).

Suggested Improvements

None.

Very happy!
By New Honda

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving my civic for 7 months now. I love it! The engine has a lot of pickup and speed. I deal with heavy stop/go traffic on my daily commute and I am impressed with how responsive the brakes are. Gas mileage-excellent! I drive about 150 mi a week and fill up about every other week or so. As others have said, in the driver's seat, the hood slopes so you cannot see it..Even still, I've never had an issue parallel parking after the first few weeks of driving it. Only issue I've had is cold starts. The engine hesitates and will take a couple of tries...However, I learned starting the engine in position 2 seems to do the trick so no further issues. I'm very happy with my purchase!

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage, USB attachment for my ipod, steering wheel radio controls, excellent braking system, sleek exterior, power sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Seats are a little uncomfortable in long trips, fix engine hesitation on cold start

Great New Ride
By JO

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Cute car with great gas mileage. I am a first time Honda owner. The sound system sounds fine to me. There is significant road noise but I just turn up the radio and it doesn't bother me. My only complaint is that the seats are very uncomfortable. My Toyota is much more comfortable. The dash is impressive. I don't mind the emergency brake placement either. If Honda's are as good as everyone says, I will drive this one for a long time.

Favorite Features

The style and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seating. I have yet to get my seat adjusted just right. It hurts my back and the seat feels too hard.