2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
You get what you pay for
By JK on 05/29/10 09:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drove this car for about a hundred miles and I hate it. The seats are uncomfortable, when I get out of this car after a short ride I feel like I've been through a war.

Emergency Brake
By Dan on 05/28/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car with one major exception. The Emergency brake placement and design in this car runs into my leg. The brake hurts my leg so badly that I am doing everything I can to get into another car in year or less. Please make sure the brake does not bother you before buying this car.

A lot of car for the price.
By Hondriver on 05/25/10 21:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Auto LX-S in Atomic Blue on 4/24/10. It is a great car for the money. It is no race car, but has decent acceleration. Honda mainly had fuel economy in mind when designing this car. First tank averaged 32 MPG with combined city/highway driving. Handling is good even at higher speeds. Not much road noise noticed as mentioned in other reviews. The only thing I added after purchase was custom tint and front/rear splash guards. You can remedy all the suggested improvements listed below by going up to an EX, but I thought the rims were ugly and buying the LX-S saved me a few bucks. Incentives are good for Hondas right now as it is more of a buyers market.

Purchased new
By lovemycivic on 05/15/10 05:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2010 Civic Ex Coupe and I love it! Honda's are the way to go! More bang for the buck, reliable, sporty, and fun to drive. This is my third Honda and I'll never buy anything else:)

Another Honda Lover
By Mary on 05/13/10 05:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/High Performance Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my third Honda. I just love the quality, reliability and feel of the car. I got 34 MPG with the first tank with mixed driving--only had it for 2 weeks. Got some fog lights thrown in (not installation) and a great price! I am very happy with my purchase.

1st Civic. 1st Honda
By NEW_H_GUY on 05/10/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased new Civic LX 2 days ago. Really impressed with the build quality and overall value. Much better than 09 Corolla I traded. Hope to keep the car at least 10-15 years. Only potential issue is a vibration that starts at about 45-50+ mph (feels like a tire out of balance). Noticed it on 125 mile drive home from dealership. I was going to have it checked at the first oil change at the dealer, but now read someone else has had the same problem and a service bulletin has been issued. Other than that (hopefully) minor issue, I'm very pleased with Honda products.

The EX is worth the extra money!
By Thomas Leo Obuck on 05/09/10 09:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this sleek Polished Metal Metallic Gray vehicle for my aged parents since the 2006 Accord EX sedan they initially bought was too large for their meager-sized garage. They are delighted with their new Civic EX Sedan. They describe the car as "zippy", the "perfect size 4-door inside and out" and "extremely attractive"! The cloth fabric is quite stylish, sporty and luxurious. The gorgeous Accord became mine and as much as they love it, they claim that it is "too much car" for their simplistic lives; yet, just right for mine. They literally scoot to church, shopping and back home. I wanted them to enjoy the standard sunroof of the loaded "EX" variant. They are thrilled and so am!

Not crazy about honda
By tquigs on 05/06/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Hasn't Honda ever heard of auto headlights? I can't believe Honda's don't have them. What's up w/ the tiny steering wheels and tiny sun visors? It's better when window controls are in center-that way you can get to them even if the door is open. I'm used to gm cars (bring back Saturn). It's hard getting used to Honda's molded seats. I have to retrain myself to turn the headlights off/on. It was nice not to have to worry about that for the past 10 yrs. Cup holders would be more functional w/ different design. Power outlet needs to be on back of console, not inside-can't charge phone w console closed. Can't drive w/ it open. Had to by adapter to convert other outlet from 1 into 2 to charge phone

Great Car!
By Great vehicle !! on 05/06/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been buying new cars over 40 years and I must say this one, the 2010 Civic EX-L is the best! People I know who drive large expensive cars say the EX-L drives and feels like a luxury car in a smaller body, can't think of anything negative or close to it!

Not worth the money
By ric7744 on 05/04/10 21:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I no longer own this car. I sold it one month after buying it. Road noise is horrible. The LX version lacks some features standard for a car in this price range like a pop trunk on the remote control. The biggest problem was this car had the worst air conditioning I have ever seen. When you have it on fresh air it blows warmer than normal and when the a/c is on the compressor cycles on and off constantly I guess to save gas and never really get super cold. At a stop sign it really is not cold. I took it to two dealers and they said that is just the way Hondas have it set up. I became fed up with the car in general and it is now gone. Also has a really goofy dash that I could not get used to.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic in VA is:

$162 per month*