2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
So far so good
By Tom B on 03/29/10 13:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very smooth ride, handles great, tight turning on curves. I really enjoy it so far. This is my third Honda Civic. The interior and exterior finish isn't as nice as my 1995 Civic LX but there are many nice improvements. This is the first Civic I bought with auto transmission and there does seem to be the slightest hesitation when accelerating from a stop or accelerating from idle speed. Haven't had an issue with noise on the highway, but it might be because I'm just used to it. Overall, excellent car for the money paid. And with dealer cash reducing the price down to $16,400, gotta love the cost!!

Very satisfied with the Civic LX-S
By larry p on 03/23/10 17:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a solid vehicle. We use our Civic mostly in light city driving with infrequent short highway driving. First tank of gas provided over 31 mpg with 90 percent city driving. This Civic is an outstanding city car for commuting to work or for shopping trips. We did not purchase ours to make trips in the hundreds of miles as comfort may be compromised as with any smaller vehicle. Our drive out price was 18,600 and that included about $500 for all the nice extra features that come with the LX-S, the dreaded $498 doc fee for admin work and a 7% sales tax that added about $1200. The dealer was easy to deal with as we went in with a general drive out price in mind.

2010 CIVIC LX-S Purchase on 3/22/2010
By Gary on 03/22/10 21:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 Civic lx-s on 3/22/2010 for $16,555. Trade-in 2008 lx 43,700 miles, and got $10,750 for it. With 0.9% financing and incentives, it was hard to beat. Financing ends 3/31/2010, so hurry up. Got tango red with the black interior-very sharp! In 2-3 years, I will buy another. My 2008 averaged 29.5 mpg in sub-freezing temps to 38.9 mpg on trip to Virginia of 400 miles. Other than oil changed, I put no money into this car for 2 years. So, when I bought my 2010, I did not get the extended warranty. I drive 60 miles a day, so lease was not an option. Great little car!

Noisy, squeaky
By Alisande on 03/16/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 1980 Civic that was one of the best cars I've ever had. My new Civic is a disappointment. After only 1000 miles, I have rattles and squeaks in two places in the dash and the driver's side window. The road noise is fatiguing on long trips. I don't think Honda is making them like they used to. I don't even feel honest selling this car to someone so I'll keep it a couple years then trade it in for a Kia Forte, the car I should have bought instead.

Great car!
By boating on 02/03/10 07:12 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Chose this car over a Mazda3. Handles very well in turns and over suburban streets. Very comfortable. I thought that the dash layout and speedometer would be a problem, but that is not the case. Bit noisy on highway at 50- 65.

Best in it's Class
By EJMG on 02/02/10 15:43 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Honda Civic for a little over 6 months now. I LOVE IT!!!. In my opinion is the very best in it's class. Performance, power, handling is great. My favorite feature FUEL EFFICIENT. In the City I get an average of 32 -34 Miles for Gallon. In the Highway for Long Trips, you can get 37-40 Miles per gallons of course the depending on the speed, and terrain you encounter, But if you drive this car at 65 MPH, you can easily get 40 Miles per gallon.

Disappointed
By Bob on 01/31/10 02:29 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'm somewhat disappointed with my Civic. I feel all of the bumps in the road, the steering is way too sensitive, my knee constantly hits the emergency brake lever and the acceleration is weak. I don't like the rear window defogger as it doesn't clear all the way up to the top, I assume because the antenna is there. The paint and windshield seem to chip very easy, I've had a couple already. I don't like the way the inside door jams retain so much dirt and water after a rain or snow. When you open up the doors the inside jams are filthy. I don't like the head rest on the driver's seat, it pushes up whenever a push back on the seat. Brakes are good, gas mileage lower than I hoped for.

Extremely Pleased
By Matthew on 01/30/10 21:36 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2003 VW Passat GLX, and couldn't be happier. Feel the LX-S is best combination of features and price in the Civic line up. First tank of gas in mixed driving got me 32 mpg. Fit and finish is excellent, as expected, and while some complain about the plastic interior, what do you expect for a car that can be had for less than $19,000? I rate the performance as a 10, because for a car like this, the overall performance is excellent. It's a Civic, not a Bugatti Veyron. If you want high performance, buy a performance car. If you want quality, economy and value, buy a Civic.

second but not last civic
By otarakiwi on 01/20/10 21:34 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I sold my 2001 Civic LX and purchased the EX Model because I wanted a sunroof. I am amazed about how big the interior it is and I keep reminding my friends that it is 'just a civic'. I went from a manual to automatic and it feels so nice to drive and I love the steering wheel. I feel it is slow going up hills from start but it is a big car and only 140 horsepower so it is a small price to pay.

Okay Car
By Honda_Guy80 on 01/17/10 15:38 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded my V6 VW Passat GLX for this Honda. The reason I was looking for something more reliable and fuel friendly. As expected performance was much different than what I am used to. Felt light but handling was okay. after 2 weeks of driving it gives me about 29 m/g which is really nice. I went for EX-L full option trim which I kind regret since it came to 24K and the car still does not feel luxurious. For that price I think I could got better but too late and it was my fault.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$139 per month*