Used 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

40 mpg
By Ken

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Gas mileage is much better than the sticker says 32 city, 40 highway. If fuel economy, reliability, safety and a decent ride are your requirements, the civic is for you. The only thing I don't like are the tires, Continental tires are noisy and do not ride as well as most other brands. I have noticed this on other cars I have driven as well. I will be installing Michelin tires.

Favorite Features

MPG...

Suggested Improvements

none

Never Again
By disenchanted owner

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

As a previous 2004 Hinda Civic owner, I couldn't be more disappointed with his vehicle. the 2004 compared to this newer version was like a Cadillac. The sets and the headrests in the new car are more than uncomfortable. You can't see the front or back of the car, so it's near impossible to park. Honda went VERY cheap with the interior and the emergency break is where you rest your knee to drive. Someone actually got paid a lot of money to redesign this piece of crap. Unfortunately I'm locked into a lease for 3 years, I CAN'T WAIT for it to be over.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

new design all together, bring back the former luxuries excluded in the newer models I will go Hyundai next time for sure!

Reliability is the key
By Bernie

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love the Civic LX. I gave it an 8 on economy but it's probably closer to a 7. I'm getting 29-30 with 50/50 driving thats a bit lower than I anticipated based on what several salespeople and the sticker claimed. They claimed it was better on fuel economy than the Fit which didn't seem likely but it tipped the scales toward the Civic. I would have probably bought the Civic anyway for better comfort but Fit owners have told me that they were getting in the 35 mpg range. I'm not sure that wasn't some sort of marketing ploy to bump up the sale. If you're choosing between those two look extra closely.

Favorite Features

Wide sweeping windshield for better viewing. Lower dash aids with placement of portable gps and other small items and also aids viewing. Good cabin storage

Suggested Improvements

I didn't realize till after I bought the car that the key does not have a remote for the trunk. Wrong place to save a few manufacturing dollars.

The 2005 had better additions
By wshazbot62

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 VP same as the 2010 I have now, big difference. The 2005 had keylock doors, smaller dashboard, a lid to the center console, ya really. I would have thought it would have new upgrades, not take away upgrades. I am so upset with how they took away minor options, that I thought were standard. You can hear the road noise a lot more in the 2010 then the 2005 too. All in all I am not happy with the new one, the car has made odd noises since day 1 and I have never heard a car sound like that before. But when I take it in, no noise. The 2005 had a grinding noise in the brakes, I take it in 5 times and the 5th time they find sand, and find mine was not the 1st to have that problem.

Favorite Features

The 2005 had better pick up, and had a lot better features then the 2010. Other then the Mp3 plug.

Suggested Improvements

The steering wheel seems to line up with the speedometer, it is right in your line of sight while driving. I tried moving it around, still was in the way. I didn't think a lid to the center console would be an extra item. They have them on the LX and other higher $ models. I can't find one anywhere?

Great Commuting Car
By Point A to Point B

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Wanted better gas mileage as I drive 50 miles total every day. I traded in my Accord (4cy)for the Civic - so far so good. The Civic is more fun to drive than the Accord and I actually like the simplicity of the interior. The ride is OK, not as comfortable as the Accord yet I find myself enjoying it more.

Favorite Features

Simple interior design, gas mileage, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Move the emergency brake please - current location is right where I rest my knee.