2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Oh! The new car smell!
By MG on 06/21/10 11:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had the car for a few days now and I must say I love this thing. Got the basic LX with nothing added in. Got a great price. I love the way the instrument gauges are laid out. The A/C is cold enough and road noise is not bad, but then again, it is a fairly light car. The acceleration is not as good as some other cars but for a 1.8 L engine, its good enough. Besides, if you want good acc in a Civic, get the Si. This definitely is a great car. With a mix of horrible city traffic and highway. I got about 31-32 MPG for my first tank.

Love my Hondas
By Sils79 on 06/18/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Civic, this is my 4th Honda and it is wonderful just like the rest. The car handles wonderfully and the craftsmanship is top notch for this class. Could use a little more punch under the hood, but for 40 mpg freeway, I guess I'll compromise a bit on acceleration. All in all it is a wonderful car and based on this, the other Civic and 2 Accords I will keep on coming back to Honda.

Top notch
By Mooseman on 06/10/10 13:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can't say enough about these new Civics. Love 'em and they have reliability too. What else can you ask for?

Issues with civic design
By Randy on 06/09/10 11:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr, Nav (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had our Civic Hybrid about a year. The ignition key is way too large. It is awkward to carry in my pants pocket. It is also very expensive to replace/duplicate. Emergency brake handle poorly positioned. It is right were the driver may rest his/her knee against the center console. Dash instrument layout seems silly.

Second civic and maybe my last.
By joeiscool on 06/07/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 2003 civic. 170,000 miles and no problems. So when it came time for a newer vehicle civic was at the top of my list. I can't believe how much this car rattles. Rear seat passenger side constantly rattles. Also driver side door has noise issues. After a little getting used to the dash board is ok. The AC is not even close to being as cold as my 03 civic. I am not bashing Honda but they need to take their time on the next redesign and get it right. Otherwise I will try something else.

My Civic EX
By billykeyc on 06/06/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a Civic EX sedan. I drive a lot and just traded in my '08 Altima. I miss the acceleration and the CVT on my Altima but I love the increased mileage and the look of my new car. I got a great price and love it.

Smart Choice
By Randy Magers on 06/06/10 09:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Owned for 2 months. My first Honda. TMV for most cars I researched usually fall between sticker and invoice. At the time I purchased this car, the TMV was $450.00 under invoice. Dealer did not hesitate selling for TMV. Dealer actually voluntarily knocked off another $60.00 to make it an even $18,800. Afterward, I thought I should have tried to haggle an even lower price since the dealer didn't even bat an eye at the TMV. I think the looks of coupe is much better than the sedan. In my opinion, the EX model is well worth the cost over the LX. I like the exterior styling, very modern, should still be relevant for several years to come. I have not noticed the road noise everyone complains about

Great Car
By Roy on 06/02/10 16:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have about 3K miles on my car, and I love it. I recommend the upgrade to the EX-L, since most of my favorite features came with the upgrade. I saw no reason to spend $2k extra for navigation since you can get a good GPS for under $200 & you can always upgrade as the technology improves. I test drove the Kia Forte and Ford Focus. Both are also good cars, but the Civic felt more solid & I preferred its look. The expected resale value of the Civic sold me on the car and made it worthwhile to spend an extra $2K. The design is a little funky. It took me a few hundred miles to get used to the slanted windshield, almost non-existent hood, and interesting speedometer.

Great car!
By Karis on 06/02/10 11:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought the new 2010 Honda Civic dx-vp. Pretty happy with my choice. I had a Ford Focus before for 8 years and drove it into the ground and it was time to get a new car. I was always interested in the civics because it's an attractive car and has a great reputation. The look of the car is great both inside and out. I got a great deal also about $15,500 out the door. The only changes I would make to the Civic would that there be an arm rest, (which comes with the next model up) power door locks, and cup holders in the back seat. Other than that I'm really happy and it's been fun driving around town and on road trips.

You get what you pay for
By JK on 05/29/10 09:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drove this car for about a hundred miles and I hate it. The seats are uncomfortable, when I get out of this car after a short ride I feel like I've been through a war.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic in VA is:

$162 per month*