2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Common sense, fun car
By Lou on 09/02/10 17:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Hands down, best value for my hard earned money. Solid build quality top residual value in its class a true winner

Fantastic
By waynegroh on 08/28/10 12:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car has been great so far, no problems with the emergency brake rubbing against my leg, unless you are a bigger person, I am 5'10". and there is ample room between my left leg and the emergency brake. I've had the car for two weeks now, and I love everything about it. I don't hear the road noise that some people have concerns about. the only thing that is tricky, is the blind spots in the car. Just take your time, and you will be fine when looking out for other vehicles on the road. I really like this car! The a/c is cold, and the radio is surprisingly loud. The high beams are extremely bright which is good in desolate unlit areas. It has ample pickup speed. I have the automatic model :)

The 2005 had better additions
By wshazbot62 on 08/27/10 02:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 VP same as the 2010 I have now, big difference. The 2005 had keylock doors, smaller dashboard, a lid to the center console, ya really. I would have thought it would have new upgrades, not take away upgrades. I am so upset with how they took away minor options, that I thought were standard. You can hear the road noise a lot more in the 2010 then the 2005 too. All in all I am not happy with the new one, the car has made odd noises since day 1 and I have never heard a car sound like that before. But when I take it in, no noise. The 2005 had a grinding noise in the brakes, I take it in 5 times and the 5th time they find sand, and find mine was not the 1st to have that problem.

Great Commuting Car
By Point A to Point B on 08/16/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Wanted better gas mileage as I drive 50 miles total every day. I traded in my Accord (4cy)for the Civic - so far so good. The Civic is more fun to drive than the Accord and I actually like the simplicity of the interior. The ride is OK, not as comfortable as the Accord yet I find myself enjoying it more.

Time for a change
By goldenrule55 on 08/06/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Also have a 2006 civic ex bought used three years ago. Happy with it so just traded our other car for a new 2010 ex. Now we have to civics, on the new models they did away with the sound pads in the engine and trunk so now you see bare metal. In 4 years the two cars are almost identical, the new one has a usb connector on the radio and new steering wheel, otherwise can't tell them apart. Also if you have a brand new one make sure you check closely specially on the roof for paint defects that you can see through the clear coat (Google it) my 06 also had them and now they look like sore spots. Took it back to the dealer body shop so that there will be a record for future claims.

3 Strikes
By Jim on 08/04/10 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Civic drives well, but the seats are horrible. Don't expect the backup lights to illuminate anything. The front of the vehicle is too low, don't even think about getting close to a curb. Mileage isn't bad, but not as good as my previous Corolla.

Class act
By bayoubilly74 on 07/24/10 16:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After being away from Honda for a few years, it is nice to be back. I had always thought the Civic sedan looked really cool, but didn't realize just how good of a design they actually have. Smooth ride, easy to drive. I don't notice the road noise lots of others talk about. The car feels very stable and well put together. For a smaller sedan there is quite a bit of room in the back--I don't remember the car being that big back when I had a 91 Civic in college. The dash and gauges are very modern and it looks like a little cockpit. I like the 2- level gauge set up. Huge trunk. Great gas mileage. Easy to park. It is hard to go wrong with one of these.

A solid buy
By Apollo on 07/21/10 14:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Civic LX-S. The ride is solid, fuel great, and all those who complain about the engine noise must be mashing on the gas pedal at high speed. I only get load engine noise when hitting passing gear at high speeds on the highway. Better backseat room than an '07 325i BMW I tested and the passing gear in that gave loud engine noise too. All in all, I'll take the Honda. A great car for the price.

Best Honda I've owned
By Westies96 on 07/16/10 10:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2008 Honda Accord EXL Coupe for my Honda Civic LX-S. I gave up leather, sunroof, and bigger engine but got a great car. I have had many Honda Accords and I was amazed how comfortable this car was. I am 6'1" and I have plenty of room. Great options are included in this pkg. The only give up from the EX model would be the sunroof and audio controls on the steering wheel. I can live without that. Great interior with the special fabric and ultra suede. It adds a little bit of class to the car. I have had my car for 2 months now and have no regrets. I get excellent mileage and a good ride. I have not experienced any noise as a few others have commented.

Excellent car-disappointing MPG
By Stuart on 07/13/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very attractive, well designed car. Love the blue color and all of the added features found on ex.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic in VA is:

$150 per month*