Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good Value
By lizdriver123

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

OK. so do I like my Civic, and it is a great car for the value (but there are a couple issues). Had it for a year, 16,000 miles, yet to have a break down or major repair. Tune up here and there, and that's it. Great for city and highway driving, great gas mileage. Pretty comfortable. I am short and small, but my dad who is 6'2" can fit in the drivers seat and passengers seat comfortably for long trips. The but: winter driving. Even with top notch snow tires (and yes, for the record I am a capable driver in the snow), I had one or two close calls and am now looking for an AWD vehicle. This car is not even slightly equipped for the snow.

Favorite Features

Good sound, nice looking dash, lots of storage inside, comfortable and pretty quiet ride, ok acceleration, good braking for the most part, great gas mileage, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Useless in New England winter, no heated mirrors, little bit nerve-wracking passing large trcuks on the highway because of the size of the car, anti-lock brakes will work when braking over a small pot hole and cause you to have difficulty slowing down, and then tend to be pretty useless when sliding on ice or snow.

Not a vehicle I would recommend
By jennamarie

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2010 Civic last July brand new. In the last 4 weeks my power steering pump has been replaced and repaird five times -- as well as the seals on it. Not only have I had major issues with the power steering, my sun visors have both cracked and been replaced, my seat belt buckle was replaced as it was not functioning correctly. If you want a headache with good gas mileage and a company that does not have your back when its product is defective - GET A HONDA CIVIC!

Favorite Features

V-Tec

Suggested Improvements

Completely starting over with this model. Perhaps not buying cheap parts, as that is most likely the cause of all of the issues that I have had with my car.

excellent, reliable car
By jm52716

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for over 1 year now, and am very satisfied. It is comfortable, fun to drive, and gets excellent gas mileage (about 38 mpg highway). I have had no problems with it. Wouldn't mind power seats, but wouldn't expect that at this price range. I also looked at the VW Golf, Mazda 3, and Impreza. I thought this car handled better than all but the Golf, and in the Golf the seats were too narrow.

Favorite Features

handling, ipod dock, moonroof, steering wheel audio controls

Suggested Improvements

wish the front seat would go a little lower; would like an option for power adjustable drivers seat, including tilt of the seat cushion.

2010 LX-S Civic
By lukesh

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is an okay little car, its not a Mercedes and that's not what your buying so don't expect that, but its a nice little car. Mine has 18k on it and I bought it new for the wife. Got about 35mpg new hwy now being broke in if you drive easy on hwy 65-70 not running hard it gets about 41mpg. Couldn't ask for better mpg's. This car does seem to be cheap made plastic(y), a little noise on the road, but it has nice features it gets hybrid gas mileage it cost less than most. Great buy if you ask me. Wouldn't keep it forever but its okay for a couple years.

Favorite Features

Speedometer is easily viewable than most digital new cars like prius and others & doesn't glare.

Suggested Improvements

Improvement for the Civic except for Si because I haven't drove one is the seats, on a long trip the will give your tale a sore numb feeling within 2 hours. Also the tire pressure sensors go off all the time.

I wish I could get rid of my Honda
By maryam

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2010 Honda Civic. It already had 6K miles. I should have known the original owner dumped it for some reason. Unless the road is just built yesterday, you can feel and hear the road roaring and the whole car is so light that it jumps over the smallest of lines on the road. I am extremely unhappy that I have put in so much money on this. Bought it for 16 grand. I wish I could get rid of it. Already I have changed a shock, which was under warranty and its brakes are going away. I cannot believe it . It has 18,000 miles only. I will be always discouraging people from buying this.