2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 3

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Exactly what I expected
By broncosftw on 08/05/11 17:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have racked up 20k miles in my 2010 Honda Civic in about one year. Still have plenty of tread on the stock tires and brakes. So far, no issues. I average 32mpg mixed driving (50/50) during the summer, and 29mpg in the winter. There are some squeaks while driving over rough roads, but nothing that the 360 watt stereo can't drown out. I am very happy with this purchase, and would purchase this car if given a 2nd run. My previous car was a 2002 Audi A6 2.7T. Traded the A6 in at only 70k miles. Though the Civic can't compete with the Audi in performance or luxuries, it wins with reliability. My last Civic cranked out 180k miles, with $0 coming out of my pocket for non-accident repairs

The interior - lack comfort
By allahakbar on 07/04/11 15:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

From interior it doesnt look like a 2010 car!! We regret to have chosen this car over Toyota! It lacks interior comfort when 1. you dont see a cofee cup holder for any passenger sitting at back. What you expect to do with a water bottle or a coffe mug?? hold in your hand all the time? Just ridiculous. 2. Selling car in Saskatoon where cold temp falls to -40 you dont see a 2010 car (Honda) a temperature gauge! How cheap!! Even a Toyota Corola 1998 has a digital temperature guage!! I say it is unbelievalbly cheap not to have temp guage in Honda (2010) selling in Canada!! 3. There are two cup holder in but you cant use cup holders if you slide the tray out!! Bad design.

Hinda Civic 2008-2010 Break pad WARNING
By carmichael1210 on 05/18/11 10:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My car has 16,000 miles and I am having the break pads replaced. Break pads should last atleast 30,000 miles. What Honda is failing to tell their customers is that they are in a lawsuite about this exact problem. In other words, they are aware of the problem, and have been aware but are not disclosing this problem to buyers. The break pads are not covered under warranty and honda is aware that their break pads have a 50% less lifespan than normal break pads. This is a safety hazard. And costly problem that Honda will not cover.

2010 Honda Civic DX model has potential
By elmarco on 04/25/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2010 Honda Civic DX model with manual 5 speed and DOHC engine is fun to drive. This is the cheaper version of the Civic Si. My previous car was a 2001 Ford Mustang, and this Civic gets much better gas mileage. In my opinion, the Civic coupe is stylish, but this car is far from perfect. I've had suspension problems with this car from day one. I've been to a couple of different Honda dealers in Dallas, and I got jacked around every time I went there. The clutch feels a little rough sometimes, an honest work-out helps. Honda OE shocks, struts, and springs are low quality; lots of squeaks and rattles This car has potential, but I am really disappointed with Honda customer service.

Decent buy
By atorreon on 04/01/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr, Nav (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

decent car but does drop mpg by about 10 in the colder months of the year. summer months i get about 43mpg city driving, winter it goes to about 32-33mpg. canadian honda dealerships are apparently no longer selling hybrids because of this

Beware! The rough, slow start problem.
By neurite on 01/29/11 00:33 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The civics of 2009, 2010 has the rough, slow start problem even as a new car. Google it and you will see many complaints about the same problem. My civic has about 10,000 miles. It happens a couple of times a week that the car starts tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-wuuuun. Sometimes the first start eventually fails and need to restart. Very annoying. I have been having this problem since the first week I bought it new.

Steer Clear of Civics
By pmdclassics on 01/22/11 18:38 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

If you live in a cold climate do not buy a Honda Civic, the heater is very, very poor at best. Your car will not heat up if the temp is 20 F or colder. Worst heater in any car I have owned the last 30 years. Not only that the gas mileage is like driving an SUV. 24 MPG in town and highway mix. I leased my Civic and boy do I regret it. Can't wait until the lease is up to dump this car.

It's been a good car so far...
By ratphink on 01/20/11 08:16 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the civic last summer and its been pretty good so far. She had a body noise that I was told was a problem with the 2010 civics but the dealer took care of it. It still shows up when the road is especially bumpy but its ok. Milage is great and the car sips gas. Handles great and because I am average height, there's plenty of room for me and friends. It really is fun to drive and I love the reliability. I also notice that people arent dinging my doors cuz the car is slimmer than my Camry yet has the same room inside as my old car(98 camry). So far, overall, I would buy another.

Far From Perfect
By bayoubilly74 on 12/26/10 18:14 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a '10 Civic---in a hurry I might add. I test drove a new Accord but did not buy it due to cost. Went with Civic blindly. I've owned 2 before so I figured "how can I go wrong?". Well, it rides fine, looks good from the outside, and has a bunch of storage spots up front. The stereo is great for a stock system. Other than that, I can't really say this is the Honda I thought it would be. The cabin is tight--watch out if you are 6ft or over. The roofline slants at such an angle that I hit my head if not careful. Also, there are no cupholders in the back...ZERO. Not sure how the designers got away with missing that simple feature.

fun economical car
By adansereau on 12/26/10 04:47 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

this is my wifes car , i drive a crv. it is a sporty coupe with good handling , not as good as an si i had and not as much power, but it zips along pretty good and returns about 30 mpg around town. prior civic have given us over 40 mpg on the highway. got a black one and put a nice oval exhaust tip and some aftermarket letters ( ex ) just to make it personal. looks great, looks like a sports car and yet it is econmoical. it is well made, the engine is sewing machine smooth and as with all civics reliable. i do steal it from my wife to go out and have fun driving thru some country roads.