2010 Honda Civic DX model has potential
By elmarco on
2010 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
The 2010 Honda Civic DX model with manual 5 speed and DOHC engine is fun to drive. This is the cheaper version of the Civic Si. My previous car was a 2001 Ford Mustang, and this Civic gets much better gas mileage. In my opinion, the Civic coupe is stylish, but this car is far from perfect. I've had suspension problems with this car from day one. I've been to a couple of different Honda dealers in Dallas, and I got jacked around every time I went there. The clutch feels a little rough sometimes, an honest work-out helps. Honda OE shocks, struts, and springs are low quality; lots of squeaks and rattles This car has potential, but I am really disappointed with Honda customer service.
Favorite Features
I enjoy the manual five speed transmission; it is fun to drive, but a little tricky sometimes. If you stay in 1st gear to long, the engine cuts down. I have a lot of confidence in a overhead cam engine; this model only has one. I like uni-body construction; it is the only way to go with a car this small. The car is real light and gets descent mpg's.
Suggested Improvements
Honda OE shocks, struts, and springs are terrible in this model. They are noisy! I will eventually replace them with a better brand. If you ask me, the sound system is pretty cheap. This car does not have a trunk opener on the key ring. On a scale form 1-10, I would give the 2010 Honda Civic DM a seven, and maybe I am being too generous. On a scale from 1-10, I would give Honda customer service a 3. In my experiences, they didn't seem interested in diagnosing the problem and fixing it. The design of this car is simple, I don't understand Honda's customer service apathy.