2010 civic - it us up to Honda now
By btbarryt on
2010 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I bought my daughter a new 2010 civic to start college. Everything has been good up until now. Coming out of winter, we discovered her air conditioner is not working. The local Honda dealership in Gadsden says the compressor is out. The car has 40,000 miles, which is just past warranty. The local service manager says he is going to bat for me with the District manager to honor fix this for us. He committed to calling me yesterday with an answer. Still waiting - what do you think will happen? I own 6 cars, but this is my first Honda. It is up to Honda if this is my last purchase of a Honda product. Hopefully they will do the right thing and fix it. I will update as this unfolds.
Favorite Features
Great fuel economy and fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
I bought this car because I have always heard of Honda quality. Very disappointed that I am facing a huge repair bill at 40,000 miles. This is my first Honda product since my days as a kid riding their motorcycles. Everything has been good until this air compressor issue. It will be up to Honda to determine if I will purchase another Honda product. I am hopeful but who knows at this point. Stay tuned..............
By av8r81
on 08/29/13 19:18 PM (PDT)

@btberry: it's not the "right thing to do." The factory warranty was expired. It's on you (or your kid) to assume responsibility for your car. You should be thanking the service department for doing you a big favor. Btw, why not get the extended warranty? It's foolish to not insure the mechanical components of your car. The cost of this can be negotiated (usually a 150% markup). BUY A WARRANTY! [HTML removed]

By btbarryt
on 05/16/13 11:27 AM (PDT)

UPDATE - I was just contacted by the local service manager; he informed me that Honda will take care of this even though the warranty has expired. I feel this is the right thing to do and I really appreciate them stepping up and making this right. I have renewed confidence in the quality of Honda's customer service. Thanks again Grissom Honda!

By steveaspesi
on 07/13/13 11:27 AM (PDT)

I think you got really lucky. Having anything fixed for free after the warranty expired? I'm guessing they will have your loyalty, but would you have given up on Honda if they decilined your request?

By flossom
on 05/18/13 06:55 AM (PDT)

test