Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

3 Strikes
By Jim

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Civic drives well, but the seats are horrible. Don't expect the backup lights to illuminate anything. The front of the vehicle is too low, don't even think about getting close to a curb. Mileage isn't bad, but not as good as my previous Corolla.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the seat support and comfort. Redesign the front for additional ground clearance.

Class act
By bayoubilly74

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After being away from Honda for a few years, it is nice to be back. I had always thought the Civic sedan looked really cool, but didn't realize just how good of a design they actually have. Smooth ride, easy to drive. I don't notice the road noise lots of others talk about. The car feels very stable and well put together. For a smaller sedan there is quite a bit of room in the back--I don't remember the car being that big back when I had a 91 Civic in college. The dash and gauges are very modern and it looks like a little cockpit. I like the 2- level gauge set up. Huge trunk. Great gas mileage. Easy to park. It is hard to go wrong with one of these.

Favorite Features

interior design (gauges), smooth driving experience, lots of well- placed storage spots, huge trunk

Suggested Improvements

put some cup holders in the back--there are none except for bottle holders in each door

A solid buy
By Apollo

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Civic LX-S. The ride is solid, fuel great, and all those who complain about the engine noise must be mashing on the gas pedal at high speed. I only get load engine noise when hitting passing gear at high speeds on the highway. Better backseat room than an '07 325i BMW I tested and the passing gear in that gave loud engine noise too. All in all, I'll take the Honda. A great car for the price.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, comfort, safety, alloy wheels, looks.

Suggested Improvements

The car is not a race car, so I am ok with the 140 hp, but disk breaks all around would be nice.

Best Honda I've owned
By Westies96

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2008 Honda Accord EXL Coupe for my Honda Civic LX-S. I gave up leather, sunroof, and bigger engine but got a great car. I have had many Honda Accords and I was amazed how comfortable this car was. I am 6'1" and I have plenty of room. Great options are included in this pkg. The only give up from the EX model would be the sunroof and audio controls on the steering wheel. I can live without that. Great interior with the special fabric and ultra suede. It adds a little bit of class to the car. I have had my car for 2 months now and have no regrets. I get excellent mileage and a good ride. I have not experienced any noise as a few others have commented.

Favorite Features

Rear spoiler, interior, alloy wheels and ride

Suggested Improvements

Upgraded stereo

Excellent car-disappointing MPG
By Stuart

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very attractive, well designed car. Love the blue color and all of the added features found on ex.

Favorite Features

Comfortable car front and rear. Pleasing, simple interior design. Great brakes! Like the moon roof, sound system, temperature gauge, I-Pod compatibility. Good enough acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

I drive conservatively and was hoping for better mpg. About 28 mpg, mostly city. I have a hunch that the manual transmission would do better. Air conditioning could be stronger. But, all in all, a top notch little car.