2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2010 CIVIC LX-S Purchase on 3/22/2010
By Gary on 03/22/10 21:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 Civic lx-s on 3/22/2010 for $16,555. Trade-in 2008 lx 43,700 miles, and got $10,750 for it. With 0.9% financing and incentives, it was hard to beat. Financing ends 3/31/2010, so hurry up. Got tango red with the black interior-very sharp! In 2-3 years, I will buy another. My 2008 averaged 29.5 mpg in sub-freezing temps to 38.9 mpg on trip to Virginia of 400 miles. Other than oil changed, I put no money into this car for 2 years. So, when I bought my 2010, I did not get the extended warranty. I drive 60 miles a day, so lease was not an option. Great little car!

A lot of value for the price
By David on 03/19/10 15:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car has a solid sports car feel. Then the vtech kicks in and it launches; feels similar to a turbo engage. Beautiful naturally aspired performed while still yielding 30mpg on the highway (i have been getting 32 mpg). I find the interior to be very comfortable and the required touch points are all within reach of the driver (radio, mirrors, door handles, etc). These are becoming increasingly hard to find with rumors of no more 2010 Civic SIs being built to make way for the 2011 transformation. If you can find one, i would most certainly recommend it!

Noisy, squeaky
By Alisande on 03/16/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 1980 Civic that was one of the best cars I've ever had. My new Civic is a disappointment. After only 1000 miles, I have rattles and squeaks in two places in the dash and the driver's side window. The road noise is fatiguing on long trips. I don't think Honda is making them like they used to. I don't even feel honest selling this car to someone so I'll keep it a couple years then trade it in for a Kia Forte, the car I should have bought instead.

Nice ride
By MissMary06 on 03/05/10 21:27 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very nice car, drives smoothly and it's very comfortable for the price.

Good car, but very bland
By Anthony on 03/05/10 19:20 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got the coupe, and I'm not overly impressed. It handles really well, and the gas mileage is excellent. But for the price, the interior is very boring except from the digital speedometer. The interior looks as if it could have came from a 90's car. Not very modern. Interior also feels cheap, no seat height adjustment. But the car is reliable and handles really well. It's pretty peppy. The ride is not very smooth though, and the engine could be quieter. I'd recommend the Hyundai Elantra (2007 or newer) or the new Mazda 3 over this.

Great car!
By boating on 02/03/10 07:12 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Chose this car over a Mazda3. Handles very well in turns and over suburban streets. Very comfortable. I thought that the dash layout and speedometer would be a problem, but that is not the case. Bit noisy on highway at 50- 65.

Best in it's Class
By EJMG on 02/02/10 15:43 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Honda Civic for a little over 6 months now. I LOVE IT!!!. In my opinion is the very best in it's class. Performance, power, handling is great. My favorite feature FUEL EFFICIENT. In the City I get an average of 32 -34 Miles for Gallon. In the Highway for Long Trips, you can get 37-40 Miles per gallons of course the depending on the speed, and terrain you encounter, But if you drive this car at 65 MPH, you can easily get 40 Miles per gallon.

Disappointed
By Bob on 01/31/10 02:29 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'm somewhat disappointed with my Civic. I feel all of the bumps in the road, the steering is way too sensitive, my knee constantly hits the emergency brake lever and the acceleration is weak. I don't like the rear window defogger as it doesn't clear all the way up to the top, I assume because the antenna is there. The paint and windshield seem to chip very easy, I've had a couple already. I don't like the way the inside door jams retain so much dirt and water after a rain or snow. When you open up the doors the inside jams are filthy. I don't like the head rest on the driver's seat, it pushes up whenever a push back on the seat. Brakes are good, gas mileage lower than I hoped for.

Extremely Pleased
By Matthew on 01/30/10 21:36 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2003 VW Passat GLX, and couldn't be happier. Feel the LX-S is best combination of features and price in the Civic line up. First tank of gas in mixed driving got me 32 mpg. Fit and finish is excellent, as expected, and while some complain about the plastic interior, what do you expect for a car that can be had for less than $19,000? I rate the performance as a 10, because for a car like this, the overall performance is excellent. It's a Civic, not a Bugatti Veyron. If you want high performance, buy a performance car. If you want quality, economy and value, buy a Civic.

Excellent, but could be better
By johnnymg on 01/28/10 21:38 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

OK, I'm going to be a bit tough on this car even though I'm pretty happy with it. On the plus side: EXCELLENT leather seats~~!!!! Good power and nice auto trans. Good but not great gas mileage. On the negative side: The rear speakers are just hanging "bare" with no rear covers. This is really unacceptable. Cheesy badging all around the car. Cheesy interior badging with a big chrome H on the steering wheel. The interior looks like it was designed for "kids". Lack of a power drivers seat. Lack of a instantaneous and avg fuel usage. Could use a slightly 'heavier' steering. These are all minor 'nits' against a pretty good car. I drove a Prius and that was a real joke compared to this Honda.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic in VA is:

$150 per month*