Used 2010 Honda Civic LX-S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car
By mrm

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2010. I have almost 190,000 miles on it and have had to put no problems with it whatsoever. I drive it for work so I put a lot of miles on it. No major repairs (other than an $400 oil pan after Walmart's service technicians ruined my oil pan after an oil change). Now, I take the car to repair facilities that I trust and I have not had any more repairs. The only thing that I do faithfully is keep up with regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire replacements, brakes and batteries (have had to put two batteries in it). I took the car on a 7-hour (14 hour round trip) road trip with 180,000 miles and no problems at all. It is very reliable.

[non-permissible content removed]
By Dan Sylvia

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car I got a good deal on getting for about 14k used with roughly 35k miles. Gas MPG is way off, theres no way I get 36 highway or 28 city. Acceleration is very poor especially coming from a 6 cylinder maxima. Car is a good first car maybe because of it's poor acceleration and ease to drive. Not really a fun ride, however it is reliable. I haven't had to repair anything and now I'm a little over 60k miles. I'm personally not a fan of the car with the way it drives.

Rear Suspension Problems
By ioeuropa

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Civic. The 1998 Civic ex was the best. Still running with 280k miles on it.
Both my 2004 civics had Cylinder head gasket problems, one at 127k, the other at 214k.

I have 80K on my 2010 civic lxs. It's comfortable, has pep, and gets 38mpg.
My one complaint is a big one. The rear struts are basically non existent if I have two adults in the back seat. The car bottoms out on small bumps. It's truly frightening, and loud. You'd have to experience it for yourself.
Oh, and I drive highway only miles.

I believe that Honda quality has been going down steadily since '98. I'm probably going for a Toyota or Nissan next.

Styling, sound system, pep, and gas mileage. Engine reliability is great.

Need to improve cabin noise level. It's always been a civic problem, but I think I've owned one too many hondas. I'm ready for a quieter car. Honda might want to check our the rear shock problem that I have. I don't see any others with the same problem as I have, but it will definitely deter me from buying another civic.

2010 Civic LXS 5 speed manual
By jodar96

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new on Feb 2010 for $16K ( MSRP $18,900)
I always felt Civic was the most reliable, refined, fuel efficient, fun to drive small car around. Its gas mileage I believed was the closest to a hybrid w/o the cost or engine complexity.

I was right on in every aspect. After over two years and 18K miles, it has never been back to the dealer for any repair. Its gas mileage is 36mpg on hwy doing 70-75.
and I have got 40mpg on three occasions when I keep the speed at 65mph.

Its 5 speed manual is amazingly precise and solid.
The car is agile, nimble, and very fun to drive.
The exterior shape eventhough goeas back to 2006,
is still pleasant to look at.

Exterior design, handling, gear shift feel, gas mileage, reliability, exceptional resale value. Solid and rattle free interior.

Honda often is clueless to little features that competitors offer in the same trim levels. The stereo does not have USB input for I-Pod or there is no outside temp display. You think after building the car since 2006, in 2009 refresher look, they would have added these. These feutures are only STD in EX trim. Even 2012MY still lacks outside temp display. Road noise could use improvement. Other cars in its class are quieter.

Top notch
By Mooseman

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can't say enough about these new Civics. Love 'em and they have reliability too. What else can you ask for?

Dash is excellent

Slightly larger engine would be nice, but not without the fuel economy.