Used 2010 Honda Civic LX-S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Rear Suspension Problems
By ioeuropa

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Civic. The 1998 Civic ex was the best. Still running with 280k miles on it. Both my 2004 civics had Cylinder head gasket problems, one at 127k, the other at 214k. I have 80K on my 2010 civic lxs. It's comfortable, has pep, and gets 38mpg. My one complaint is a big one. The rear struts are basically non existent if I have two adults in the back seat. The car bottoms out on small bumps. It's truly frightening, and loud. You'd have to experience it for yourself. Oh, and I drive highway only miles. I believe that Honda quality has been going down steadily since '98. I'm probably going for a Toyota or Nissan next.

Favorite Features

Styling, sound system, pep, and gas mileage. Engine reliability is great.

Suggested Improvements

Need to improve cabin noise level. It's always been a civic problem, but I think I've owned one too many hondas. I'm ready for a quieter car. Honda might want to check our the rear shock problem that I have. I don't see any others with the same problem as I have, but it will definitely deter me from buying another civic.

2010 Civic LXS 5 speed manual
By jodar96

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new on Feb 2010 for $16K ( MSRP $18,900) I always felt Civic was the most reliable, refined, fuel efficient, fun to drive small car around. Its gas mileage I believed was the closest to a hybrid w/o the cost or engine complexity. I was right on in every aspect. After over two years and 18K miles, it has never been back to the dealer for any repair. Its gas mileage is 36mpg on hwy doing 70-75. and I have got 40mpg on three occasions when I keep the speed at 65mph. Its 5 speed manual is amazingly precise and solid. The car is agile, nimble, and very fun to drive. The exterior shape eventhough goeas back to 2006, is still pleasant to look at.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, handling, gear shift feel, gas mileage, reliability, exceptional resale value. Solid and rattle free interior.

Suggested Improvements

Honda often is clueless to little features that competitors offer in the same trim levels. The stereo does not have USB input for I-Pod or there is no outside temp display. You think after building the car since 2006, in 2009 refresher look, they would have added these. These feutures are only STD in EX trim. Even 2012MY still lacks outside temp display. Road noise could use improvement. Other cars in its class are quieter.

Top notch
By Mooseman

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can't say enough about these new Civics. Love 'em and they have reliability too. What else can you ask for?

Favorite Features

Dash is excellent

Suggested Improvements

Slightly larger engine would be nice, but not without the fuel economy.

Second civic and maybe my last.
By joeiscool

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 2003 civic. 170,000 miles and no problems. So when it came time for a newer vehicle civic was at the top of my list. I can't believe how much this car rattles. Rear seat passenger side constantly rattles. Also driver side door has noise issues. After a little getting used to the dash board is ok. The AC is not even close to being as cold as my 03 civic. I am not bashing Honda but they need to take their time on the next redesign and get it right. Otherwise I will try something else.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission. Decent stereo. Very reliable vehicle. Cheap upkeep. Roomy for such a small car. Very easy to drive in the city.

Suggested Improvements

Noise and air-conditioner. Could use a little more horsepower. We need a hatch please!

You get what you pay for
By JK

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drove this car for about a hundred miles and I hate it. The seats are uncomfortable, when I get out of this car after a short ride I feel like I've been through a war.

Favorite Features

Price

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the seats, I am 5'10'' and 175 lbs and I can't find a comfortable spot in this car.