2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Rear Suspension Problems
By ioeuropa on 12/26/12 13:00 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Civic. The 1998 Civic ex was the best. Still running with 280k miles on it. Both my 2004 civics had Cylinder head gasket problems, one at 127k, the other at 214k. I have 80K on my 2010 civic lxs. It's comfortable, has pep, and gets 38mpg. My one complaint is a big one. The rear struts are basically non existent if I have two adults in the back seat. The car bottoms out on small bumps. It's truly frightening, and loud. You'd have to experience it for yourself. Oh, and I drive highway only miles. I believe that Honda quality has been going down steadily since '98. I'm probably going for a Toyota or Nissan next.

2010 Civic LXS 5 speed manual
By jodar96 on 04/12/12 09:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new on Feb 2010 for $16K ( MSRP $18,900) I always felt Civic was the most reliable, refined, fuel efficient, fun to drive small car around. Its gas mileage I believed was the closest to a hybrid w/o the cost or engine complexity. I was right on in every aspect. After over two years and 18K miles, it has never been back to the dealer for any repair. Its gas mileage is 36mpg on hwy doing 70-75. and I have got 40mpg on three occasions when I keep the speed at 65mph. Its 5 speed manual is amazingly precise and solid. The car is agile, nimble, and very fun to drive. The exterior shape eventhough goeas back to 2006, is still pleasant to look at.

Top notch
By Mooseman on 06/10/10 13:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can't say enough about these new Civics. Love 'em and they have reliability too. What else can you ask for?

Second civic and maybe my last.
By joeiscool on 06/07/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 2003 civic. 170,000 miles and no problems. So when it came time for a newer vehicle civic was at the top of my list. I can't believe how much this car rattles. Rear seat passenger side constantly rattles. Also driver side door has noise issues. After a little getting used to the dash board is ok. The AC is not even close to being as cold as my 03 civic. I am not bashing Honda but they need to take their time on the next redesign and get it right. Otherwise I will try something else.

You get what you pay for
By JK on 05/29/10 09:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drove this car for about a hundred miles and I hate it. The seats are uncomfortable, when I get out of this car after a short ride I feel like I've been through a war.

VIBRATIONS???
By Terry on 11/04/09 08:33 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this LX-S and when I test drove it, I experienced a mild vibration from the car at about 50 MPH. I asked the sales rep about it and he explained that flat spot on the tires may be to blame. This sounded logical and in his explanation I agreed with him that this could possibly work out with the tired being inflated and brought up to operation temp. However, now 1500 miles later, I still have a vibration at 50-60 MPH. This is most severe first thing in the A.M. when the vehicle is cold. I have the vehicle in the shop today for the issue today for the second time. I am being told now that there is a service bulletin for this.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*