2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2010 LX-S Civic
By lukesh on 10/21/11 21:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is an okay little car, its not a Mercedes and that's not what your buying so don't expect that, but its a nice little car. Mine has 18k on it and I bought it new for the wife. Got about 35mpg new hwy now being broke in if you drive easy on hwy 65-70 not running hard it gets about 41mpg. Couldn't ask for better mpg's. This car does seem to be cheap made plastic(y), a little noise on the road, but it has nice features it gets hybrid gas mileage it cost less than most. Great buy if you ask me. Wouldn't keep it forever but its okay for a couple years.

Window noise
By SAM on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had problem with my new 2010 honda civic LX. I'm getting more noise from drive window site. I can't drive my vehicle on highway more than 67 mph. I complaint to America Honda about this issue. Engineer came from Honda to do test drive with me. Even he heard the same noise, which I felt. To duplicate the issue. Honda Engineer drove another new Honda civic 2010 Lx, he felt same problem on the new car. & he mentioned to me. That’s way this car designed. You have live with issue. Please DO NOT BUY this car. It’s unsafe to drive on highway.

Cheap
By Bernie on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a follow up from my review of one month ago. I have since downgraded the build quality from a 9 to a 4 and the comfort from an 8 to a 7. I'm not sure how I missed it on my road test or first week or so of driving but this car is NOISY, especially road noise. The AC is a joke. If you are driving for any period of time (for me 20-30 minutes) your leg may fall asleep as the seat does not go back very far which can cause you to arch your foot. I am 6 ft. even. I wish I had read the reviews more closely. Shame on me.

Not worth the money
By ric7744 on 05/04/10 21:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I no longer own this car. I sold it one month after buying it. Road noise is horrible. The LX version lacks some features standard for a car in this price range like a pop trunk on the remote control. The biggest problem was this car had the worst air conditioning I have ever seen. When you have it on fresh air it blows warmer than normal and when the a/c is on the compressor cycles on and off constantly I guess to save gas and never really get super cold. At a stop sign it really is not cold. I took it to two dealers and they said that is just the way Hondas have it set up. I became fed up with the car in general and it is now gone. Also has a really goofy dash that I could not get used to.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*