Used 2010 Honda Civic LX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car
By HC

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable, safe, effiecint and fun to drive. And sporty looks. Great little car.

Eh - Could've done more with my money
By Urme

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2010 Civic LX - 4 door sedan new off the lot in July 2010. It was my first car purchase and, to be honest, I'm regretting purchasing this (or any) car brand new. I paid $16,500 for it. Over five years later it's valued around $7500-$9000, which is not bad. I was attracted to this car because its sleek body style. It looks just great in Taffeta White! As a 5'9" woman, the interior is a tad cramped. It's not the easiest to get in and out of and the driver's side door does not stay open/in place. When you're toting belongings, it's quite annoying. The car handles well in the city, though I'm not thrilled about the gas tank capacity (13.5) - I feel like I'm constantly fueling up! The interior dash is as sleek looking as the body, which was a major bonus for me. The only real issue I've had is that I had replace the brake pads (~$400) about 2.5-3 years into purchase. About a year later I was notified of a recall, but for some reason my vehicle did not qualify. Another annoying, but not insignificant issue I had immediately was the quality of the factory windshield wipers. Useless, actually dangerous, in any sort of precipitation. Even after having Honda give me new ones immediately after my purchase, I had to fork over $50 at AutoTire to get some decent ones. Highway driving is atrocious in this car. Acceleration is not great and you can feel too much of the highway. Also, the seats just aren't comfortable enough for long trips. This is a good starter car, no doubt, but I would not recommend it for much else. After 5 years with this car, I can't wait to upgrade.

2010 LX-S Civic
By lukesh

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is an okay little car, its not a Mercedes and that's not what your buying so don't expect that, but its a nice little car.
Mine has 18k on it and I bought it new for the wife. Got about 35mpg new hwy now being broke in if you drive easy on hwy 65-70 not running hard it gets about 41mpg.
Couldn't ask for better mpg's.
This car does seem to be cheap made plastic(y), a little noise on the road, but it has nice features it gets hybrid gas mileage it cost less than most.
Great buy if you ask me.
Wouldn't keep it forever but its okay for a couple years.

Speedometer is easily viewable than most digital new cars like prius and others & doesn't glare.

Improvement for the Civic except for Si because I haven't drove one is the seats, on a long trip the will give your tale a sore numb feeling within 2 hours. Also the tire pressure sensors go off all the time.

Window noise
By SAM

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had problem with my new 2010 honda civic LX. I'm getting more noise from drive window site. I can't drive my vehicle on highway more than 67 mph. I complaint to America Honda about this issue. Engineer came from Honda to do test drive with me. Even he heard the same noise, which I felt. To duplicate the issue. Honda Engineer drove another new Honda civic 2010 Lx, he felt same problem on the new car. & he mentioned to me. That’s way this car designed. You have live with issue. Please DO NOT BUY this car. It’s unsafe to drive on highway.

Cheap
By Bernie

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a follow up from my review of one month ago. I have since downgraded the build quality from a 9 to a 4 and the comfort from an 8 to a 7. I'm not sure how I missed it on my road test or first week or so of driving but this car is NOISY, especially road noise. The AC is a joke. If you are driving for any period of time (for me 20-30 minutes) your leg may fall asleep as the seat does not go back very far which can cause you to arch your foot. I am 6 ft. even. I wish I had read the reviews more closely. Shame on me.