Used 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

[non-permissible content removed]
By Dan Sylvia

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car I got a good deal on getting for about 14k used with roughly 35k miles. Gas MPG is way off, theres no way I get 36 highway or 28 city. Acceleration is very poor especially coming from a 6 cylinder maxima. Car is a good first car maybe because of it's poor acceleration and ease to drive. Not really a fun ride, however it is reliable. I haven't had to repair anything and now I'm a little over 60k miles. I'm personally not a fan of the car with the way it drives.

honda 2010 civic dx-vp
By stephanie35

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used 1 week ago. 25,000 miles. I love it. It does not have any noise as mentioned in other review. As a matter of fact, my fiancé said it is so quiet. It does not ride rough - smooth ride. Air conditioning is great - I keep on low and I am always hot. Great car. I would recommend to anyone.

Decent Car
By dendo1

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned for 13 months; have driven it 23,000 miles. Gas mileage is awesome, usually 35-37. Visibility is pretty good. Stereo sounds like a more expensive car. I like the funky dash also. The car rides fairly well for a small car but you do feel some bumps. Is very light, which isn't so good in the snow or on windy days. Build quality isn't bad overall. My biggest gripe is that Honda apparently leaves out desirable features to keep costs down. My car has only two cup holders and I can't adjust the intermittent wipers. It appears to be a good choice, but the competition probably gives you more features at a lower price.

Gas mileage, visibility, appearances.

Stop skimping on desirable features.

2010 civic - it us up to Honda now
By btbarryt

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my daughter a new 2010 civic to start college. Everything has been good up until now. Coming out of winter, we discovered her air conditioner is not working. The local Honda dealership in Gadsden says the compressor is out. The car has 40,000 miles, which is just past warranty. The local service manager says he is going to bat for me with the District manager to honor fix this for us. He committed to calling me yesterday with an answer. Still waiting - what do you think will happen? I own 6 cars, but this is my first Honda. It is up to Honda if this is my last purchase of a Honda product. Hopefully they will do the right thing and fix it. I will update as this unfolds.

Great fuel economy and fun to drive.

I bought this car because I have always heard of Honda quality. Very disappointed that I am facing a huge repair bill at 40,000 miles. This is my first Honda product since my days as a kid riding their motorcycles. Everything has been good until this air compressor issue. It will be up to Honda to determine if I will purchase another Honda product. I am hopeful but who knows at this point. Stay tuned..............

Greatest Dissappointment Since 1992 Civic
By 3waystoplay

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Nothing like older Civics in terms of its soul or lovability. Ride is moderately rough but still wallows over undulations on the highway. The increased power is at a severe cost to fuel economy (as low as 24 mpg without much sporting) and the automatic transmission does a poor job of utilizing the power vs fuel economy curve. Its like they took the shifting map of a V8 and copied it exactly. It is obsessed with micromanaging. Moreover, it doesn't even get it right. It will skip 2nd up a hill when it should have just left the power on tap, then doesn't have the power to make it in 3rd and shifts back to second. My passengers often think I'm moving the throttle. My malaise grows.

The styling is amazing, in and out. I love the looks. The seats and carpet are made of great materials. However, the dash and door panels are too plasticky, manifesting as a noticeable downgrade in touch and look of class. Plastic in interior is easily scratched even by fingernails. I have no complains about the controls, though I wish it had a fuel economy gauge instead of the pointless oil-life percentage. Why does that take precedence as the one fancy readout? Backseat's not even big enough for tall people. My 12k-mile engine makes an unusual whining sound that at low rpms and speed is just as loud as the actual combustion tone. Why are there inconsistent lemon-like cars from Honda?

Honda probably hit the nail right on the head for the target demographic here. I can't relate to the rest of the happy owners here. This car is well built, but tries to do too much. I liked how the old transmissions used to let the revs get a little higher before they shifted. Heck, I love manuals. But America does not like manuals. They like cars with a lot of power, that have ads saying they are fuel efficient, and they don't mind paying too much for everything. That must be why they don't mind paying 20,000 to for a car that could be outperformed in the most critical areas by a car with 150k miles from 1990 and chokes down gas like they drink coffee. A truly feeble attempt at a Civic.