Used 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Eh - Could've done more with my money
By Urme

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2010 Civic LX - 4 door sedan new off the lot in July 2010. It was my first car purchase and, to be honest, I'm regretting purchasing this (or any) car brand new. I paid $16,500 for it. Over five years later it's valued around $7500-$9000, which is not bad. I was attracted to this car because its sleek body style. It looks just great in Taffeta White! As a 5'9" woman, the interior is a tad cramped. It's not the easiest to get in and out of and the driver's side door does not stay open/in place. When you're toting belongings, it's quite annoying. The car handles well in the city, though I'm not thrilled about the gas tank capacity (13.5) - I feel like I'm constantly fueling up! The interior dash is as sleek looking as the body, which was a major bonus for me. The only real issue I've had is that I had replace the brake pads (~$400) about 2.5-3 years into purchase. About a year later I was notified of a recall, but for some reason my vehicle did not qualify. Another annoying, but not insignificant issue I had immediately was the quality of the factory windshield wipers. Useless, actually dangerous, in any sort of precipitation. Even after having Honda give me new ones immediately after my purchase, I had to fork over $50 at AutoTire to get some decent ones. Highway driving is atrocious in this car. Acceleration is not great and you can feel too much of the highway. Also, the seats just aren't comfortable enough for long trips. This is a good starter car, no doubt, but I would not recommend it for much else. After 5 years with this car, I can't wait to upgrade.

[non-permissible content removed]
By Dan Sylvia

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car I got a good deal on getting for about 14k used with roughly 35k miles. Gas MPG is way off, theres no way I get 36 highway or 28 city. Acceleration is very poor especially coming from a 6 cylinder maxima. Car is a good first car maybe because of it's poor acceleration and ease to drive. Not really a fun ride, however it is reliable. I haven't had to repair anything and now I'm a little over 60k miles. I'm personally not a fan of the car with the way it drives.

honda 2010 civic dx-vp
By stephanie35

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used 1 week ago. 25,000 miles. I love it. It does not have any noise as mentioned in other review. As a matter of fact, my fiancé said it is so quiet. It does not ride rough - smooth ride. Air conditioning is great - I keep on low and I am always hot. Great car. I would recommend to anyone.

Decent Car
By dendo1

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned for 13 months; have driven it 23,000 miles. Gas mileage is awesome, usually 35-37. Visibility is pretty good. Stereo sounds like a more expensive car. I like the funky dash also. The car rides fairly well for a small car but you do feel some bumps. Is very light, which isn't so good in the snow or on windy days. Build quality isn't bad overall. My biggest gripe is that Honda apparently leaves out desirable features to keep costs down. My car has only two cup holders and I can't adjust the intermittent wipers. It appears to be a good choice, but the competition probably gives you more features at a lower price.

Gas mileage, visibility, appearances.

Stop skimping on desirable features.

2010 civic - it us up to Honda now
By btbarryt

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my daughter a new 2010 civic to start college. Everything has been good up until now. Coming out of winter, we discovered her air conditioner is not working. The local Honda dealership in Gadsden says the compressor is out. The car has 40,000 miles, which is just past warranty. The local service manager says he is going to bat for me with the District manager to honor fix this for us. He committed to calling me yesterday with an answer. Still waiting - what do you think will happen? I own 6 cars, but this is my first Honda. It is up to Honda if this is my last purchase of a Honda product. Hopefully they will do the right thing and fix it. I will update as this unfolds.

Great fuel economy and fun to drive.

I bought this car because I have always heard of Honda quality. Very disappointed that I am facing a huge repair bill at 40,000 miles. This is my first Honda product since my days as a kid riding their motorcycles. Everything has been good until this air compressor issue. It will be up to Honda to determine if I will purchase another Honda product. I am hopeful but who knows at this point. Stay tuned..............

• SUV