Used 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car
By HC

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable, safe, effiecint and fun to drive. And sporty looks. Great little car.

Great Car
By mrm

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2010. I have almost 190,000 miles on it and have had to put no problems with it whatsoever. I drive it for work so I put a lot of miles on it. No major repairs (other than an $400 oil pan after Walmart's service technicians ruined my oil pan after an oil change). Now, I take the car to repair facilities that I trust and I have not had any more repairs. The only thing that I do faithfully is keep up with regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire replacements, brakes and batteries (have had to put two batteries in it). I took the car on a 7-hour (14 hour round trip) road trip with 180,000 miles and no problems at all. It is very reliable.

Overall amazing car.
By fb1987

2010 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car once again proved it's reliability. I have over 140000 miles on my car and i haven't any problems beside tires, brakes and shocks (depends on where you live). Only con about this car is the hp.

Eh - Could've done more with my money
By Urme

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2010 Civic LX - 4 door sedan new off the lot in July 2010. It was my first car purchase and, to be honest, I'm regretting purchasing this (or any) car brand new. I paid $16,500 for it. Over five years later it's valued around $7500-$9000, which is not bad. I was attracted to this car because its sleek body style. It looks just great in Taffeta White! As a 5'9" woman, the interior is a tad cramped. It's not the easiest to get in and out of and the driver's side door does not stay open/in place. When you're toting belongings, it's quite annoying. The car handles well in the city, though I'm not thrilled about the gas tank capacity (13.5) - I feel like I'm constantly fueling up! The interior dash is as sleek looking as the body, which was a major bonus for me. The only real issue I've had is that I had replace the brake pads (~$400) about 2.5-3 years into purchase. About a year later I was notified of a recall, but for some reason my vehicle did not qualify. Another annoying, but not insignificant issue I had immediately was the quality of the factory windshield wipers. Useless, actually dangerous, in any sort of precipitation. Even after having Honda give me new ones immediately after my purchase, I had to fork over $50 at AutoTire to get some decent ones. Highway driving is atrocious in this car. Acceleration is not great and you can feel too much of the highway. Also, the seats just aren't comfortable enough for long trips. This is a good starter car, no doubt, but I would not recommend it for much else. After 5 years with this car, I can't wait to upgrade.

[non-permissible content removed]
By Dan Sylvia

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car I got a good deal on getting for about 14k used with roughly 35k miles. Gas MPG is way off, theres no way I get 36 highway or 28 city. Acceleration is very poor especially coming from a 6 cylinder maxima. Car is a good first car maybe because of it's poor acceleration and ease to drive. Not really a fun ride, however it is reliable. I haven't had to repair anything and now I'm a little over 60k miles. I'm personally not a fan of the car with the way it drives.