2010 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
honda 2010 civic dx-vp
By stephanie35 on 07/29/13 13:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used 1 week ago. 25,000 miles. I love it. It does not have any noise as mentioned in other review. As a matter of fact, my fiancé said it is so quiet. It does not ride rough - smooth ride. Air conditioning is great - I keep on low and I am always hot. Great car. I would recommend to anyone.

Decent Car
By dendo1 on 05/29/13 21:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned for 13 months; have driven it 23,000 miles. Gas mileage is awesome, usually 35-37. Visibility is pretty good. Stereo sounds like a more expensive car. I like the funky dash also. The car rides fairly well for a small car but you do feel some bumps. Is very light, which isn't so good in the snow or on windy days. Build quality isn't bad overall. My biggest gripe is that Honda apparently leaves out desirable features to keep costs down. My car has only two cup holders and I can't adjust the intermittent wipers. It appears to be a good choice, but the competition probably gives you more features at a lower price.

2010 civic - it us up to Honda now
By btbarryt on 05/15/13 18:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my daughter a new 2010 civic to start college. Everything has been good up until now. Coming out of winter, we discovered her air conditioner is not working. The local Honda dealership in Gadsden says the compressor is out. The car has 40,000 miles, which is just past warranty. The local service manager says he is going to bat for me with the District manager to honor fix this for us. He committed to calling me yesterday with an answer. Still waiting - what do you think will happen? I own 6 cars, but this is my first Honda. It is up to Honda if this is my last purchase of a Honda product. Hopefully they will do the right thing and fix it. I will update as this unfolds.

Greatest Dissappointment Since 1992 Civic
By 3waystoplay on 03/13/13 15:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Nothing like older Civics in terms of its soul or lovability. Ride is moderately rough but still wallows over undulations on the highway. The increased power is at a severe cost to fuel economy (as low as 24 mpg without much sporting) and the automatic transmission does a poor job of utilizing the power vs fuel economy curve. Its like they took the shifting map of a V8 and copied it exactly. It is obsessed with micromanaging. Moreover, it doesn't even get it right. It will skip 2nd up a hill when it should have just left the power on tap, then doesn't have the power to make it in 3rd and shifts back to second. My passengers often think I'm moving the throttle. My malaise grows.

Rear Suspension Problems
By ioeuropa on 12/26/12 13:00 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Civic. The 1998 Civic ex was the best. Still running with 280k miles on it. Both my 2004 civics had Cylinder head gasket problems, one at 127k, the other at 214k. I have 80K on my 2010 civic lxs. It's comfortable, has pep, and gets 38mpg. My one complaint is a big one. The rear struts are basically non existent if I have two adults in the back seat. The car bottoms out on small bumps. It's truly frightening, and loud. You'd have to experience it for yourself. Oh, and I drive highway only miles. I believe that Honda quality has been going down steadily since '98. I'm probably going for a Toyota or Nissan next.

2010 Civic LXS 5 speed manual
By jodar96 on 04/12/12 09:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new on Feb 2010 for $16K ( MSRP $18,900) I always felt Civic was the most reliable, refined, fuel efficient, fun to drive small car around. Its gas mileage I believed was the closest to a hybrid w/o the cost or engine complexity. I was right on in every aspect. After over two years and 18K miles, it has never been back to the dealer for any repair. Its gas mileage is 36mpg on hwy doing 70-75. and I have got 40mpg on three occasions when I keep the speed at 65mph. Its 5 speed manual is amazingly precise and solid. The car is agile, nimble, and very fun to drive. The exterior shape eventhough goeas back to 2006, is still pleasant to look at.

2010 Honda Civic Lx-s Sedan
By honduh10 on 03/17/12 06:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Handles like a go kart, in a good way, steering is nice and tight, not too tight. Suspension is firm around corners but absorbs the bumps. Gas mileage so far is 35 mpg with an automatic 50% highway 50% around town. Stereo is decent, not cheap, but nothing high-end. The lx-s comes with a black interior for anyone who hates the all gray look. Also comes with a small deck lid spoiler, rims, leather steering wheel and sportier seats. Engine feels like its going to run forever. Can't notice the transmission shifting except when going from reverse to drive. Back seat room is amazing. My 6ft 4in dad has leg room to move around and enough head room to feel comfortable. The flat floor helps alot too.

Hard start from new and transmission problem
By waltersac on 01/23/12 23:03 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 civic lx-s and about 4 months after i bought it we started to have a trouble with extended crank time "as the dealership called it" They gave us the run around said they found a loose bolt in the fuse block but didnt put it in the paper work. I have always took the car to a dealer to have all of the services. We had it in the shop 3 times and was always told they couldn't find a problem. We hit 23000 miles and started the car the check engine light came on and when I tried to drive it it would slam into gear and only shift up to 2nd gear. I am completely discusted with Honda and the way they are treating us through this whole issue. I will NEVER buy another Honda again.

Just bought
By ajmorin on 12/29/11 10:25 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought this car. Found it fun to drive, comfortable (I am 5' 9" x 210lbs). Gave it a 3 on reliability because not experienced. Read some things about 'funky' dash design. Spoke with a friend that said it took 2-3 days to get comfort with it. Took me 1 day. Not a distraction .. rather an advantage by placing it in sight. Found you do not tend to leave directionals on as you can see as you drive w/o 'looking' for them. Bought at local Silko Honda, Raynham, MA dealership (last place I thought of shopping for a car at) with the ONLY 'Lifetime Powertrain Warranty' for the purchaser. This vehicle was also certified.

Good Value
By lizdriver123 on 12/08/11 21:37 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

OK. so do I like my Civic, and it is a great car for the value (but there are a couple issues). Had it for a year, 16,000 miles, yet to have a break down or major repair. Tune up here and there, and that's it. Great for city and highway driving, great gas mileage. Pretty comfortable. I am short and small, but my dad who is 6'2" can fit in the drivers seat and passengers seat comfortably for long trips. The but: winter driving. Even with top notch snow tires (and yes, for the record I am a capable driver in the snow), I had one or two close calls and am now looking for an AWD vehicle. This car is not even slightly equipped for the snow.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*