Used 2010 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good first car, amazing mpg, uncomfortable, struggles sometimes.
By heyimcameron

2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great mpg and easy to drive but the seats are extremely uncomfortable (lower back) after sitting for more than 30 mins.

Favorite Features

Perfect MPG, front has an aggressive look, filling the tank isn't pricey, stereo is also great.

Suggested Improvements

The civic needs better lower back support!

2010 Civic Not What I Expected
By kcgent

2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the Civic used with 11,700 miles in March 2012. Noticed a bit of abnormal tire wear at that time. I've rotated and balanced the tires twice since then, still getting more wear, probably rear suspension issue. Front brakes went out at 30,000 and I drive mostly highway. This shouldn't have happened. Handling bumpy and it tends to skate over larger bumps. Wish it ran 1/2 as well as the Accord I had with 285,000 miles on it. Planning on dumping it soon.

Favorite Features

It looks good and the mileage is good. It's still pretty fun to drive on a smooth road.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rear suspension. Improve the overall ride. I like it responsive and tight, but I don't like getting airborne on larger bumps in the road. This car isn't the Honda product we've owned for the past 28 years. Also a pretty noisy ride. Rather disappointed.

17,000 mile update
By adansereau

2010 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Well something went wrong with the civi ex coupe, a strut joint of some sort went bad at 15,000 miles and was replaced no charge, only took a couple of hours and they said it was unusual. I am a car guy, oner 50 cars and have this civic coupe and 2010 crv ex as well, my wife and i swap so i don't get bored with either. I keep trying other cars, sportier, and more frugal ones as well. The civic coupe gives you a bit of both, it is prety frugal when driven properly and can be 30 city and upper 38 plus highway no problem. It can be sporty to but not a sports coupe like an si or miata which i have had, but it gets far better gas millage than those two. a fun good looking car !

Honda Civic rules
By ras1305

2010 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Honda Civic rules

Not a vehicle I would recommend
By jennamarie

2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2010 Civic last July brand new. In the last 4 weeks my power steering pump has been replaced and repaird five times -- as well as the seals on it. Not only have I had major issues with the power steering, my sun visors have both cracked and been replaced, my seat belt buckle was replaced as it was not functioning correctly. If you want a headache with good gas mileage and a company that does not have your back when its product is defective - GET A HONDA CIVIC!

Favorite Features

V-Tec

Suggested Improvements

Completely starting over with this model. Perhaps not buying cheap parts, as that is most likely the cause of all of the issues that I have had with my car.