2010 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good first car, amazing mpg, uncomfortable, struggles sometimes.
By heyimcameron on 05/08/14 22:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great mpg and easy to drive but the seats are extremely uncomfortable (lower back) after sitting for more than 30 mins.

2010 Civic Not What I Expected
By kcgent on 04/23/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the Civic used with 11,700 miles in March 2012. Noticed a bit of abnormal tire wear at that time. I've rotated and balanced the tires twice since then, still getting more wear, probably rear suspension issue. Front brakes went out at 30,000 and I drive mostly highway. This shouldn't have happened. Handling bumpy and it tends to skate over larger bumps. Wish it ran 1/2 as well as the Accord I had with 285,000 miles on it. Planning on dumping it soon.

17,000 mile update
By adansereau on 02/13/12 05:35 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Well something went wrong with the civi ex coupe, a strut joint of some sort went bad at 15,000 miles and was replaced no charge, only took a couple of hours and they said it was unusual. I am a car guy, oner 50 cars and have this civic coupe and 2010 crv ex as well, my wife and i swap so i don't get bored with either. I keep trying other cars, sportier, and more frugal ones as well. The civic coupe gives you a bit of both, it is prety frugal when driven properly and can be 30 city and upper 38 plus highway no problem. It can be sporty to but not a sports coupe like an si or miata which i have had, but it gets far better gas millage than those two. a fun good looking car !

Honda Civic rules
By ras1305 on 02/06/12 14:16 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Honda Civic rules

Not a vehicle I would recommend
By jennamarie on 11/21/11 13:11 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2010 Civic last July brand new. In the last 4 weeks my power steering pump has been replaced and repaird five times -- as well as the seals on it. Not only have I had major issues with the power steering, my sun visors have both cracked and been replaced, my seat belt buckle was replaced as it was not functioning correctly. If you want a headache with good gas mileage and a company that does not have your back when its product is defective - GET A HONDA CIVIC!

Exactly what I expected
By broncosftw on 08/05/11 17:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have racked up 20k miles in my 2010 Honda Civic in about one year. Still have plenty of tread on the stock tires and brakes. So far, no issues. I average 32mpg mixed driving (50/50) during the summer, and 29mpg in the winter. There are some squeaks while driving over rough roads, but nothing that the 360 watt stereo can't drown out. I am very happy with this purchase, and would purchase this car if given a 2nd run. My previous car was a 2002 Audi A6 2.7T. Traded the A6 in at only 70k miles. Though the Civic can't compete with the Audi in performance or luxuries, it wins with reliability. My last Civic cranked out 180k miles, with $0 coming out of my pocket for non-accident repairs

2010 Honda Civic DX model has potential
By elmarco on 04/25/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2010 Honda Civic DX model with manual 5 speed and DOHC engine is fun to drive. This is the cheaper version of the Civic Si. My previous car was a 2001 Ford Mustang, and this Civic gets much better gas mileage. In my opinion, the Civic coupe is stylish, but this car is far from perfect. I've had suspension problems with this car from day one. I've been to a couple of different Honda dealers in Dallas, and I got jacked around every time I went there. The clutch feels a little rough sometimes, an honest work-out helps. Honda OE shocks, struts, and springs are low quality; lots of squeaks and rattles This car has potential, but I am really disappointed with Honda customer service.

fun economical car
By adansereau on 12/26/10 04:47 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

this is my wifes car , i drive a crv. it is a sporty coupe with good handling , not as good as an si i had and not as much power, but it zips along pretty good and returns about 30 mpg around town. prior civic have given us over 40 mpg on the highway. got a black one and put a nice oval exhaust tip and some aftermarket letters ( ex ) just to make it personal. looks great, looks like a sports car and yet it is econmoical. it is well made, the engine is sewing machine smooth and as with all civics reliable. i do steal it from my wife to go out and have fun driving thru some country roads.

Uncomfortable
By Joe on 12/05/10 11:13 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this instead of the Fit and have regretted it since. (Not sure I'd like the Fit though). The headrests are the main issue and why I didn't notice at the time I went around the block, I'll never know. They push my head forward. I have adjusted the seat and headrest to be bearable. Even my mother had trouble riding in the car with me and had to lean forward in an uncomfortable manner. I'll never buy a car with a headrest like this again. Otherwise, the car is mediocre. No trip computer for an EX trim line, go figure.

Great little car
By alexx on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Not the newest design out there, but still one of the best in terms of fuel economy (average 34) and front seat comfort.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic Coupe in WA is:

$203 per month*