2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Don't Buy
By dabatangelo on 07/14/14 11:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr, Nav (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my hybrid for 4 years. It gets about 26 mpg in the city and 32 highway. It is even worse in winter I had to replace the battery after just over two years and 27,000 miles. I'm at 49,000 now and it feels like I need to do it again. The tire gauge is constantly going on even though the tires have full pressure. I recently bought new tires and they said that the gauge inside the tire was broken but a month later the tire light was going on again even with full pressure. I wanted to keep this car for ten years but don't look forward to having to buy a new battery every two years or so. I had better mileage on my gas Civic.

Good first car, amazing mpg, uncomfortable, struggles sometimes.
By heyimcameron on 05/08/14 22:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great mpg and easy to drive but the seats are extremely uncomfortable (lower back) after sitting for more than 30 mins.

honda 2010 civic dx-vp
By stephanie35 on 07/29/13 13:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used 1 week ago. 25,000 miles. I love it. It does not have any noise as mentioned in other review. As a matter of fact, my fiancé said it is so quiet. It does not ride rough - smooth ride. Air conditioning is great - I keep on low and I am always hot. Great car. I would recommend to anyone.

Decent Car
By dendo1 on 05/29/13 21:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned for 13 months; have driven it 23,000 miles. Gas mileage is awesome, usually 35-37. Visibility is pretty good. Stereo sounds like a more expensive car. I like the funky dash also. The car rides fairly well for a small car but you do feel some bumps. Is very light, which isn't so good in the snow or on windy days. Build quality isn't bad overall. My biggest gripe is that Honda apparently leaves out desirable features to keep costs down. My car has only two cup holders and I can't adjust the intermittent wipers. It appears to be a good choice, but the competition probably gives you more features at a lower price.

2010 civic - it us up to Honda now
By btbarryt on 05/15/13 18:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my daughter a new 2010 civic to start college. Everything has been good up until now. Coming out of winter, we discovered her air conditioner is not working. The local Honda dealership in Gadsden says the compressor is out. The car has 40,000 miles, which is just past warranty. The local service manager says he is going to bat for me with the District manager to honor fix this for us. He committed to calling me yesterday with an answer. Still waiting - what do you think will happen? I own 6 cars, but this is my first Honda. It is up to Honda if this is my last purchase of a Honda product. Hopefully they will do the right thing and fix it. I will update as this unfolds.

2010 Civic Not What I Expected
By kcgent on 04/23/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the Civic used with 11,700 miles in March 2012. Noticed a bit of abnormal tire wear at that time. I've rotated and balanced the tires twice since then, still getting more wear, probably rear suspension issue. Front brakes went out at 30,000 and I drive mostly highway. This shouldn't have happened. Handling bumpy and it tends to skate over larger bumps. Wish it ran 1/2 as well as the Accord I had with 285,000 miles on it. Planning on dumping it soon.

2010 Hybrid is a risk to buy
By wjazz on 04/14/13 14:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

More or less our 2010 Civic Hybrid was not the best choice. It is all pretty good and as I expected for a Honda except the hybrid battery. Here you have a car that gets 38-42 miles per gallon which is fine and we are happy with it. But at 40k miles the hybrid battery needed replacement. The battery is covered for 100k miles so they replaced it but the coverage is not extended as a new battery but just covered for the additional 60k miles! So we have a car that gets mileage that is only a hair better, if that, than the new non-hybrids and the battery is not dependable. So lurking in the future is perhaps the need to pay $4k or better for a new battery. Best to pick another hybrid.

Greatest Dissappointment Since 1992 Civic
By 3waystoplay on 03/13/13 15:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Nothing like older Civics in terms of its soul or lovability. Ride is moderately rough but still wallows over undulations on the highway. The increased power is at a severe cost to fuel economy (as low as 24 mpg without much sporting) and the automatic transmission does a poor job of utilizing the power vs fuel economy curve. Its like they took the shifting map of a V8 and copied it exactly. It is obsessed with micromanaging. Moreover, it doesn't even get it right. It will skip 2nd up a hill when it should have just left the power on tap, then doesn't have the power to make it in 3rd and shifts back to second. My passengers often think I'm moving the throttle. My malaise grows.

Rear Suspension Problems
By ioeuropa on 12/26/12 13:00 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Civic. The 1998 Civic ex was the best. Still running with 280k miles on it. Both my 2004 civics had Cylinder head gasket problems, one at 127k, the other at 214k. I have 80K on my 2010 civic lxs. It's comfortable, has pep, and gets 38mpg. My one complaint is a big one. The rear struts are basically non existent if I have two adults in the back seat. The car bottoms out on small bumps. It's truly frightening, and loud. You'd have to experience it for yourself. Oh, and I drive highway only miles. I believe that Honda quality has been going down steadily since '98. I'm probably going for a Toyota or Nissan next.

2010 Civic LXS 5 speed manual
By jodar96 on 04/12/12 09:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new on Feb 2010 for $16K ( MSRP $18,900) I always felt Civic was the most reliable, refined, fuel efficient, fun to drive small car around. Its gas mileage I believed was the closest to a hybrid w/o the cost or engine complexity. I was right on in every aspect. After over two years and 18K miles, it has never been back to the dealer for any repair. Its gas mileage is 36mpg on hwy doing 70-75. and I have got 40mpg on three occasions when I keep the speed at 65mph. Its 5 speed manual is amazingly precise and solid. The car is agile, nimble, and very fun to drive. The exterior shape eventhough goeas back to 2006, is still pleasant to look at.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Civic in VA is:

$150 per month*