Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

[non-permissible content removed]
By Dan Sylvia

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car I got a good deal on getting for about 14k used with roughly 35k miles. Gas MPG is way off, theres no way I get 36 highway or 28 city. Acceleration is very poor especially coming from a 6 cylinder maxima. Car is a good first car maybe because of it's poor acceleration and ease to drive. Not really a fun ride, however it is reliable. I haven't had to repair anything and now I'm a little over 60k miles. I'm personally not a fan of the car with the way it drives.

Don't Buy
By dabatangelo

2010 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr, Nav (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my hybrid for 4 years. It gets about 26 mpg in the city and 32 highway. It is even worse in winter I had to replace the battery after just over two years and 27,000 miles. I'm at 49,000 now and it feels like I need to do it again. The tire gauge is constantly going on even though the tires have full pressure. I recently bought new tires and they said that the gauge inside the tire was broken but a month later the tire light was going on again even with full pressure. I wanted to keep this car for ten years but don't look forward to having to buy a new battery every two years or so. I had better mileage on my gas Civic.

produce a dependable battery and advertise realistic mileage. Based on other's reviews there are clearly a lot of civic hybrids as bad as mine. It does not seem to be an anomaly.

Good first car, amazing mpg, uncomfortable, struggles sometimes.
By heyimcameron

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great mpg and easy to drive but the seats are extremely uncomfortable (lower back) after sitting for more than 30 mins.

Perfect MPG, front has an aggressive look, filling the tank isn't pricey, stereo is also great.

The civic needs better lower back support!

honda 2010 civic dx-vp
By stephanie35

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used 1 week ago. 25,000 miles. I love it. It does not have any noise as mentioned in other review. As a matter of fact, my fiancé said it is so quiet. It does not ride rough - smooth ride. Air conditioning is great - I keep on low and I am always hot. Great car. I would recommend to anyone.

Decent Car
By dendo1

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned for 13 months; have driven it 23,000 miles. Gas mileage is awesome, usually 35-37. Visibility is pretty good. Stereo sounds like a more expensive car. I like the funky dash also. The car rides fairly well for a small car but you do feel some bumps. Is very light, which isn't so good in the snow or on windy days. Build quality isn't bad overall. My biggest gripe is that Honda apparently leaves out desirable features to keep costs down. My car has only two cup holders and I can't adjust the intermittent wipers. It appears to be a good choice, but the competition probably gives you more features at a lower price.

Gas mileage, visibility, appearances.

Stop skimping on desirable features.