Wouldn't touch this car!
By gardner3 on
2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
After two weeks, the car was towed in with a failed speed sensor (feels like the transmission but I was told it wasn’t). Two weeks after that the car was towed in again with a failed speed sensor and Honda replaced that and put in a new transmission too. The day I picked it up with the new tranny, the engine light went on. I then drove back to the dealer they said, “Oh no, your IMA battery just needs a scheduled software upgrade.” Sothe engine light goes on for an upgrade, if you leave your gas cap loose, or any other major problem.
Suggested Improvements
Parked on a hill overnight, I couldn’t get the car to move more than a foot even flooring it. Apparently the IMA battery failed (as was suspected by my mechanic) and it was replaced. That was the day that I filed the lemon law on the car. Two weeks later I get the car back when I was on a hill and couldn’t get enough power to get up the hill I thought I was going to die in the car. Fortunately the service manager went to bat for me and the dealer said that he would buy the car back. Unfortunately at a $2,500 loss for me. I want my non-economical Acura back please!