2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Wish I had never bought it

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2009 Honda Civic

Wish I had never bought it
By Mike on

2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car one year ago and within a couple months I began to regret it. First, the build quality is terrible. Within 6 months parts of the dashboard came loose and/or began to rattle, the front windows make strange noises when driving with them down, and in the winter I would hear metallic grinding noises when driving in cold weather. Also, if it's been sitting for a few hours and I go to start the car, quite often it cranks for a long time, then doesn't start, regardless of outdoor temperature or how much fuel is in the tank. I bought a Honda so that I could trust it to last a long time and get me to work every day, but so far it's failed at both. This was my first, and last Honda.

Split-level gauges with digital speedometer, USB audio connectivity, fantastic fuel economy.

My car is only one year old and probably 10% of the time it fails to start in the morning. It still has 2 years of warranty but the dealer refuses to help fix it. So here I am with an almost new car that doesn't work and feels like it's falling apart. My only suggestion is to fix those issues.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review