2009 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - What Corolla should learn from...!

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

What Corolla should learn from...!
By Cali_guy on

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car due to its non- cliche styling, reliability, and performance. I love the way it rides, handles, quietness and the overall uniqueness. I was caught between the Corolla and it was a great revamp but it looked to cliche "family" type, the horsepower never changed, and the interior looked ehh, boring. It took me awhile to get use to the clunking when out and putting in gear... the dealer told me the brakes are magnetic or so. Although, for 140 horses it has a lot of go especially on overdrive but I think a lil more pep should be added. Anyways I love the car -- it was a great deal and I get compliments and looks because it's just different from the rest.

Favorite Features

Dash, suspension, handling, controls and VERY spacious than Toyota or Hyundai. It's quiet on the freeway and city driving.

Suggested Improvements

Although there is some small issues with some of the paneling rattling or loose plastics... it's no biggy cuz it's a solid structure. The speakers on it may need to be changed, it sounds a bit cheap. The ONLY annoying part of it is the head rest for the driver and the passenger... it's a bit angled much.