2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Very good, but still lacking

2009 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

Very good, but still lacking
By Sam on

2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car after owning many minivans. Most of the time I don’t have my family onboard, so it is a waste of $ and fuel to drive around a bigger size vehicle. First time for me to own a foreign vehicle. Overall I am impressed with the quality of everything, everything works nicely together. I love the small sport-sized steering wheel, good handling (some body lean, though), no squeaks & rattles; overly well built. Fuel economy so far is not that great (about 23mpg average), but having just 1,700 miles, I hope it will improve with time. I miss the illuminated power window switches - mirror switches which I use once in a lifetime is lighted, but window switches are not (except driver's)!

Small steering wheel, sporty feel, good handling, no squeaks or rattles, quality of controls, knobs & stalks. Cruise control are nice on the steering wheel, but too dim. I also love AUX IN, but it's very difficult to reach w/ 1 hand.

Remote trunk release, turning radius, extendable sun visor, variable speed wipers, wipers to cover more of windshield, improve stereo, improve road noise, door grab handle, lighted controls 4 windows / ignition key ring, light glove box, lumbar, ext. temp. gauge, bluetooth, ditch Japanese horn sound. I would also like front lamps to come on when you open front door.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review