Not what I was hoping for out of Honda
By fuzz_nut98 on
2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This car has been ok but I am glad we leased it. First it is white and when I got it the door color was different then the rest of the body. Honda paid for the whole car to be repainted but wouldn't let me trade it for one without paint issues even though it only had 15 miles on it. The car is a dog (hybrid) but it does handles pretty well. The interior has good fit and finish and is laid out well. I like some of the extras the Hybrid has but I really wish I bought a standard civic. At 30,000 miles the hybrid battery failed ($3000 Battery), but it has 80.000 mile of warranty. not impressive. Dealer said they replace 2-3 a month. Gas mileage says 40-45 mpg, I get 35-36 with normal driving.
Favorite Features
USB interface for Ipod. Decent suspension, good fit and finish, good lease price.
Suggested Improvements
Paint issue was major let down. Guy from Honda said they have seen it a few times on the white hybrids which seemed like they would take care of it before selling them. Hybrid battery life is a problem. The auto stop feature quit after battery was replaced. Fuel mileage takes extremely modest driving to obtain. Still like civics but couldn't suggest the hybrid. Save your money and buy a regular civic, my cousins gets similar mileage, much faster, better looking wheels, ect.....