Staying Young at 61
By Hal M. on
2009 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/High Performance Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I've had several Accords, so I know how reliable Hondas are. I have had my Si for a year now, and it's the S2000 I didn't buy for reasons of practicality. I was 60 when I bought this sports car with a trunk and a (roomy) back seat. I love the styling, the performance, and most of all... the seats! These are the best seats I have ever had in any car; great back support, and with the red stitching and Si logo, they look way cool. I average about 25 miles per gallon in mixed driving (best was 28), not bad considering its hard to resist putting your foot down to experience the i-VTEC rush that kicks in at 6k rpm. I wish it was quieter, though. Engine noise is cool, but lots of road noise, too.
Favorite Features
Seats, handling, clutch action, acceleration (at higher rpms), ergonomics, styling, digital speedo. This car is a ton of fun to drive; I look forward to my two 30-minute commutes everyday. I wish it was legal (for me) to drive faster; this car loves 95 mph. Affordability.
Suggested Improvements
Visibility: passenger headrest and B- pillar combine to create a blind spot. A-pillars and mirrors do the same. Exposed welds on doors. Road noise is intrusive unless pavement is ideal. Shifter occasionally notchy going into 2nd/3rd; depress clutch firmly. Make spoiler optional. 89-octane fuel.