2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: 9-Month Review

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2009 Honda Civic

EX-L Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

9-Month Review
By Canadia on

2009 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I'm very pleased with the Civic. Fuel economy has exceeded my expectations, and the car is very nimble and fun to drive with the manual. The seats are also very comfortable, and there's plenty of room for me (5'11") even with the seat raised to its highest position. I would have rated it with 10's across the board if it weren't for a few things: 1) Either drive-by-wire or the VTEC mechanism makes acceleration under certain conditions somewhat choppy and abrupt. 2) There's a creaking noise coming from the front suspension, and a rattle coming from the rear of the car. I can't determine the source of either. 3) Thin paint.

The stock EX coupe radio is amazing. One of the best stock systems I've heard. It trumps that of a relative's Acura MDX, and the Bose system in the GMC Yukon Denali. I love the iPod interface. IMO, the styling is also top-notch. Performance is solid, minus the DBW/throttle issue.

The paint is ultra thin, but I knew this before buying. What disappoints me the most are the above mentioned noises (quality issues), and having to find them in a brand new car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review