2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: I got a lemon

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I got a lemon
By chuckles0505 on

2009 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was extremely disappointed with this Civic. It regularly left me abandoned, unable to start. I don't know how many times I had to be towed, and the dealership here in Oregon blew me off. This kept happening and happening, that the battery after just a few weeks would suddenly stop holding a charge. After over a year of this, the dealership finally put in a new battery. It still had problems. Something else was wrong with the electrical system somewhere, and the dealership wasn't going to help me out. Then a rock made its way into the brake area somehow, and caused damage. After I wanted out from such an unreliable vehicle, I sold it as a loss. The lemon is someone else's problem.

exterior styling.

It was an "extremely medium" car in all other respects. My suggested improvement is Honda should be more careful in the manufacturing of the vehicle so owners don't wind up with an expensive lemon like mine was.