2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Replacement for my Clunker

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Si Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Replacement for my Clunker
By bjstrahm on

2009 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Thank you, taxpayers; my old Mercury Villager is no more! Being a college student, I needed a more reliable form of transportation, and that's exactly what I got. I looked at a few competitors as well as the Accord, but the Civic fit what I needed best. The Si badging added a little something something to the personal enjoyment factor. So far, I love my Civic. It has been impeccable in both build quality, initial reliability, and ownership satisfaction. Having never driven manual before and it being a new car, I was expecting some low MPGs on the first tanks. However, in my 2500 miles of driving, my lowest tank has been 28 and my best slightly above 33. Keep this car on your short list!

Numerous audio inputs. Front cupholders the best I've experienced. Front seat thigh bolsters. Two tiered dash is amazing; I don't know if I could go back to a traditional format. Surprisingly roomy trunk. Sound system good below 7/10. Sporty ride and drive. Good exhaust note balance. VSA. LSD. VTEC!!

Feels quick, but isn't actually that fast. With a carload and luggage, I'm worried it won't even feel quick. Not sure how great a road tripper she's going to be. Better control over iPod from the stereo. Rear seat cupholders integrated into the doors. Rear HVAC vents. Driver seat back pocket.