Our worst (and last) Honda ever
By Disappointed in PA on
2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
Honda owners since 99. That all changed about 3 wks ago when my wife was driving our 2 daughters to dance recital about 10 mi from our house. 2-3 mi before arriving, my wife began hearing a terrible grinding noise from the front- end. It sounded like something was dragging. It turned out to be metal on metal front brakes. No warning sign that we were in need of brakes before that night. When she arrived the wheels were too hot to touch. Next day Honda service said we needed front brakes. Duh. They said exp brake life was 15- 20k! Our 04 Pilot weighs 2x as much and we went 50k before needing brakes. Do your research on Honda Civic brake problems. We are picking up Mazda3 today. Honda lost a customer forever.
Favorite Features
Exterior look
Suggested Improvements
Brakes are awful. Plain and simple awful. Also, need to train (or re- train) service desk employees. The ones at the dealership I bought this car from are pathetic when it comes to knowing how to treat a loyal client. Roadside assistance is also a joke. They could not get me a tow in suburb of PHL.