2009 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - No remote trunk access on

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

No remote trunk access on LX?
By Juan on

2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic LX two weeks ago and am generally very pleased with it. BUT, I am disappointed that Honda has not entered the 21st century along with Saturn and other cars by providing remote trunk access with their Civic LX. The apparent reason: to provide a disincentive to buy the LX, and push you to buy an EX for $2000 more. So, if you have kids, if you shop and appreciate easy trunk access as you lug items to the car, buy another car. Is remote trunk access worth $2000? Not in my book. Next car will be a Toyota.

Favorite Features

Great style, quiet, responsive handling, nice interior. The quality is excellent, except for the lack of remote trunk access.

Suggested Improvements

Offer minor optional features, including navigation, Bluetooth, USB jack (these are basic features in new Ford Focus, Prius, and a growing number of cars). Definitely leave behind the ice-age mentality of pushing buyers into buying all-in-one EX models with moonroof (which few people need or want).