No complaints after 2 years
By bassmstr9 on
2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I leased this car 2 years ago because it was cheap, good on gas, has good safety ratings, and Honda is the leader in reliability. I traded in a BMW 3 series because the repairs on the BMW were AWFUL - frequent and expensive. Except for the BMW acceleration and handling, I like the Honda better in every way. It has no rattles, no check engine lights, and no problems of any sort in 2 years. On long trips I get over 40mpg (non-hybrid) on regular gas at 75mph with the air conditioning blasting. It's comfortable as long as you're not 6'5" tall. I'm actually buying it before the lease is up and just keeping the car.
Favorite Features
Mine doesn't have any super fancy "features" per say, but I like the dash with the elevated digital speedometer. It's easy to read without taking your eyes off the dash. I had a remote starter put in for the cold weather, a very good investment. The reliability is the best "feature". You just turn the key, it starts every time, and it drives well wherever you go. Nothing but oil changes and tire rotations after 26,000 miles. I'm very happy with the gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
The acceleration leaves a little to be desired, but you can't have great acceleration in a car that gets great gas mileage and is reliable. When passing at 80mph or merging onto a highway, if you floor it the engine revs and you get enough acceleration but the engine sounds like it's really giving all it has. But for most normal people, it's perfectly fine. The road noise on poor pavement (highways that haven't been paved in a while) is LOUD. A little extra sound insulation would make a big difference. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.