Nice but gas mileage better on my 1999!
By Jules on
2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
This car is nice looking, it is comfortable and the interior is a lot of bang for the buck considering the price. However, I do feel the engine is lacking a big, at only 2,500 miles I already feel a little idle rumble when I start the car and it's not nearly as good on gas as my 99 Civic EX which I also still have. That's a big disappointment to me. The brakes also seem like they are working super hard all the time and they make an awful noise when breaking on any type of hill. I don't believe they are going to last too long. Those are my only gripes, it's a nice little car.
Favorite Features
Interior is roomy and comfortable. Trunk is a nice size. Love the dash and the controls for radio, etc. are easily accessible while driving. I do like the design for 2009 as well, the previous few years were a little too spaceship like for my taste.
Suggested Improvements
Give room for two large cups to fit side by side in the cupholders. The lids of our large coffee cups get stuck on one another and you have to lift out the first cup to get out the 2nd without a spill. Brakes should be improved. Fuel economy not so great in comparison with my other 3 Hondas.