2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: My Sweet New Civic....

2009 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

My Sweet New Civic....
By Elyse on

2009 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Decided to buy a Civic for my first new car. I have had it for 1 week/150 miles. Seriously considered Toyota Yaris/ VW Rabbit. Yaris was not as solid (felt shaky when compared to Civic) and VW has a reputation for being unreliable. You cannot go wrong with Honda-they are truly built to last. My Civic is not even half empty and the mileage is ~150 (and I've been driving in city traffic, stop/go). The AC is amazing. The lowest setting keeps me cool in the summer heat of Tucson. The sound system is excellent (would like a little bit more bass!, the interior is very comfortable, and the engine has alot of pep. Of course, I'm still breaking it in so I'm taking it easy on the acceleration.

Exterior & interior design, AC, handling, peppy engine, trunk space, console design, gas mileage, safety.

Coupe could use a little bit more space in the backseat....a little scared of driving 2+ people around. paint is very thin and scratches easily! Already have had to purchase touch up paint.