Look for reasons to drive
By Sabra on
2009 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
We traded in a 2001 Caddy for my new Civic and find this car so much more fun to drive. Test drove Toyotas and Hyundais--Civic outshone them all. I've taken it on two trips and had plenty of trunk room for 3. Car handled well on highway beside big rigs as well as city driving. I wish it had better hwy noise insulation. Also wish the seats were not quite so hard and had lumbar support but because I like everything else, I can live with it. Got a great deal on the car in mid June which makes me like it even more! I plan to keep it until it dies. Three out of four sons have Hondas and all have high miles and are doing great. Sweet husband volunteered to drive the old family van.
Favorite Features
Style, navy color, steering and handling, braking, great size to park, good mileage, navi and bluetooth. In hot NC summer days the Civic cools down quickly and gets cold once car is moving for very long.
Suggested Improvements
Plastic dash and glove compartment scratches way too easy; AC won't get cold until car in motion and then gets warmer at stop lights but hasn't been a problem since it gets cold all the rest of the time; more comfortable seat; needs backup sensors. Bluetooth challenging to set up for outgoing calls.