Civic si sedan
By mdschuet on
2009 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I considered gti and civic si. Picked si thinking it would be more reliable. I was wrong. Many things have gone wrong and Honda will not fix unless you have deep pockets. Door handles stop working, trunk will stop working, and now 2nd gear is making noises and Honda wants 700 dollars just to open it up and diagnose. I bought this car to avoid this problem and here I am with the warrantee over, and transmission issues with 2.5 years left of payments. I'm stuck with it now, bought it for performance and excitement but now it's a point a to b car that I have to skip 2nd gear. It was fun and good until this. Get a warrantee or buy another car, I have 95,000 miles on it, and I drive good.
Favorite Features
Engine, vtec noise, interior design, seats, paint color, exhaust note, sound system, price, gauge cluster, mileage, pedals, rear seat room, exterior design, steering wheel, functionality, stability control system, handling, accelerAtion.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission quality, interior quality, overall quality of parts such as trunk, door handle mechanisms, noise harshness and vibration, wind and road noise on highway, rattles from glove box and sun visor, paint tends to chip easily, longer/more extensive warrantee, ac does not cool cabin easily secondary to big windshield, too much sun comes into cabin, disappointed with Honda service department for several issues unaddressed/abuse of car in parking lot, engine revs hang between shifts, lack of torque. Drivetrain should not have issues with less than 100,000 miles.