Honda Civic LX New Car Review
By Jill on
2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I have had the car two weeks and have had no problems with it other than adjusting to automatic transmission from manual and the automatic windows and door locks. It is very easy to handle and takes corners smoothly. It drives like an automatic so I can hear when the engine wants to shift and since I'm used to manual, I would shift it at a few different RPMs but I am getting used to it. I rated it low as fun to drive because manual transmission is more fun to drive. The dealer didn't have any manuals so I thought I would try automatic. If you are really set on manual I would hold out for it as automatic is not the same thing.
Favorite Features
The air-conditioner has a MAX setting which is great for very hot climates and days. The speedometer is digital which my son likes because he can see it from the back seat. This car has 4 doors so it is easier for people to get in the back seat. The seats are comfortable. Everyone likes the car.
Suggested Improvements
I would make the automatic windows optional. I think it would be better to be able to roll them down for when I wanted to leave them just a crack open or in case of emergency. The door locks were tricky for me at first to figure out since I wasn't used to automatic.